Dented Jango Helmet

The angle might not be right but you get the general idea. This will probably be a very limited run if work keeps going the way it has been!

Moore 015 copy.jpg

Moore 016 copy.jpg

What a Beaut!!! Is it too late to change my order? ;)

Just kidding, I got a notice in the mail tonight that said my helmet will be at the post office for pick up tomorrow after 7 a.m. because no one was home to receive it. Might as well punch me in the gut!

Looks like I'm going to have to miss work tomorrow:lol:

Looks amazing BKBT(y)

Cruzer

bigkidbiggertoys said:
Helmet #1 is on it's way to a lucky new owner. I am going to have to cast one of these up for myself & get it painted soon.:facepalm

Thanks Vince...didn't know you were sending me one? ;) ...cool...:lol:

Ok so my helmet came in a few days ago to my friends house and I just got it tonight. WOW!!!! I am so happy with it Vince you did an amazing job with it and I can't wait to start working on it. Thank you very much! And I got #2 of the run that is awesome.

Well I got my Dented Helmet Friday and had a chance to start working on it. As I was cutting the visor out I noticed something that would like to get opions on.

DentedHelmetcopy.jpg

As you can see from this pic the top part of the visor is smaller/narrower on the BKBT helm then what SWC is using. It is smaller/narrower than JD or the Rubies. Is this right? which size to correct? The BKBT helm is a pleasure to own and I want to do it justice in painting it up, but if the visor area should be a bit wider, then I want to do the mod for visibility.

The pics from SWC is of the actual helmet. It is a simple matter if you want to open up the visor area a little more. Pencil in a straight line to follow, trim close to it with your dremmel & finish off with a large flat file.

Bingo, I second what BKBT said. When working on my helmets, I use one of those thin metal rulers that bend to give me an accurate and straight line from the bottom of the outside of the visor to the inner upper cheek area. I would suggest making your lines with a thin-line writing sharpie pen before you cut out the visor area. A line drawn with it is not as prone to rubbing off as pencil, and I have noticed that a helmet is subject to warpage and skewing a little once it has set a while with the visor area cut out. So I'd try to mark your line before cutting into that beautiful work of art.

P.s. I cut the visor on my BKBT right where the precut line is but eventually it got filed down a little more with the file. I wouldn't suggest going more than an 1/8" of an inch wider because once it's gone...it's gone for good. I've actually cut a visor area out too much on a helmet before and it wasn't fun.:cry :lol:

Cruzer

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back