Boba Fett to return for Mandalorian Season 2

roger12RAMJET

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
1414672D-CB7F-47B4-9768-C4EAB69E39D4.png

*squeals like a 10yr old girl at a justin beiber concert*

I had heard a rumor that fans say it was Boba (or his shoes/boots) we see at the end of the Mandalorian Episode 5: The Gunslinger. I honestly haven’t even watched it again to confirm if they are his signature boots. But would be bad a$$ to see him make an appearance!

I know everyone knows that Temuera Morrison’s voice replaced Jeremy Bullochs in ESB (and the scream in ROTJ?).....But just curious, how would folks here feel if Hayden Christensen voiced over ALL of James Earl Jones work? Hehehe!

-Iron

It's not only the Spurs sound affect that stirred up interest,it's the radar noise that also appears in a new hope s/e when boba walks on scene...might just be an Easter egg tho,but seems strange they would use same sound effect...

I'll believe it when I see it, or it's posted on Star Wars.Com. Until then I don't trust anything posted on these click bait driven sites. Same with Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka also in season 2.

I know they managed to keep The Child really well under wraps, almost surprisingly so (I only saw one rumor about a member of Yoda's species showing on the Show), but with Season 2 having completed filming month ago and Season 3 beginning pre-production, something would have come out by now given the extreme surge in popularity of the show. I'll be happy to be wrong, if Boba is treated well ;)

I have seen newer articles stating confirmation of Fett as a major player in Season 3. After I saw that teaser in Season 1 it initially made me think that they would gradually tease more and more of Boba making an appearance as the seasons got on with a full reveal in Season 3 and it sounds like that is the route Favrau and Filoni may be taking which is fantastic.

Boba playing a major role though in Season 2 when you already have Ashoka making an appearance would be too many big hitters to be revealed or play key roles in one season, in my opinion. So I would probably bet money that it will be more of just a Fett cameo in season 2 or a live action Rex. A flashback of the clone wars with Jango potentially being a member of the Deathwatch group that rescued Din as a child might be a pretty sweet way to involve Temura. It would be a pretty cool reference to the Jango Fett Open Season's comics, albeit a different setting than how young Jango was saved. However seeing some scenes from the comic live action would be amazing.

I have seen newer articles stating confirmation of Fett as a major player in Season 3. After I saw that teaser in Season 1 it initially made me think that they would gradually tease more and more of Boba making an appearance as the seasons got on with a full reveal in Season 3 and it sounds like that is the route Favrau and Filoni may be taking which is fantastic.

Boba playing a major role though in Season 2 when you already have Ashoka making an appearance would be too many big hitters to be revealed or play key roles in one season, in my opinion. So I would probably bet money that it will be more of just a Fett cameo in season 2 or a live action Rex. A flashback of the clone wars with Jango potentially being a member of the Deathwatch group that rescued Din as a child might be a pretty sweet way to involve Temura. It would be a pretty cool reference to the Jango Fett Open Season's comics, albeit a different setting than how young Jango was saved. However seeing some scenes from the comic live action would be amazing.
Can you remember which articles that referred to fett and season 3? Haven't seen much of anything other than people regurgitating the original rumor.

I got too excited for fett being in Solo from teased photo stills, which turned out to be nothing more than a suit of armour. Before the Mandalorian they teased a photo of the gun fett had from the holiday special, and we all got excited again...and it wasn't fett.

Part of me would love for him to return, but I suspect he won't and I almost hope that they do leave him out of it; too much to live up to.

Benji - honestly I don't remember what the articles were anymore but suppose-ably they were from "reputable" sources but you never know with rumors haha

I think really the only way to appease Boba Fett fans would be to tease him or have him involved very briefly in a badass way but leave it open in the future for other projects.

I'll be honest, as a fan I'm excited that he might return but I'm also conflicted about them including a character that so many fans are so passionate about as a bit player (and I'm aware of the irony here given that Fett only has a couple of minutes of total screen time in the OT). I don't want it to be a "Episode IV SE" fan service scene with no story value and I'd only want to see him if he's actually helping to drive Din's story in a natural way. If it feels shoehorned in I think fans will feel burned by it.

I'll be honest, as a fan I'm excited that he might return but I'm also conflicted about them including a character that so many fans are so passionate about as a bit player (and I'm aware of the irony here given that Fett only has a couple of minutes of total screen time in the OT). I don't want it to be a "Episode IV SE" fan service scene with no story value and I'd only want to see him if he's actually helping to drive Din's story in a natural way. If it feels shoehorned in I think fans will feel burned by it.
Totally can see where you are coming from.
For me, it additionally is a question of how they would portray the charackter. "New" Star Wars is controversial as it is and it already cost us the rich and deep lore of the mandalorians. (with the clone wars. I think they started to realzie that was a mistake and tried to remedie the situation a little with Rebels and now the Mandalorian, but its not as deep or interesting as what was there before imho.) AND Boba already also got degraded by the "Boba and Jango not Mandalorians"-Theory. Its all quite a mess. I would not want to see an otherwise good series include such aggravating stuff. In part the Mandalorian series is so good because it did not make the mistakes the new movies made - taking old charakters in and altering the way the charakter feels and then killing them off for a cheap effect.
I dont want to see that happen to Boba. (or something similar)

Then again... the Mandalorian already does a lot of things right. So who knows - maybe it would be awesome. :)

And to be honest I think it would be awesome to have another Boba variant added to the costuming possibilities - along with a whole new quest starting to get everything the most accurate it can be. That would be interesting to wittness :D

Agreed Ram. For Boba to actually be done right they would definitely need to plan very carefully for how to implement him. We already know the Deathwatch are an organized Mando group and it would be cool to see them implement the True Mandalorians are the Mandalorian Protectors as a group that opposes them. It definitely seems like Jango and Boba would have not been involved with the Deathwatch, judging by the reaction of the senator from the Clone Wars TV series, so it's possible they could be involved with the True Mandalorains (like in the Open Seasons comics) or the Mandalorian Protectors while obviously Djin has ties to the Deathwatch. Perhaps they could use Fett and Djin to reconcile the Mandalorian differences (obviously after having a show down similar to how Boba fought Jodo Kast perhaps?!?!?) now that a lot of them have been exterminated and then Boba goes off on to do his own thing outside of the show.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back