Boba Fett Movie???

KriegerSan

New Hunter
So the movie isn't confirmed. I'm still not sure how I would feel about one myself. It seems like it would be really easy to take away all the mystery that makes Boba so awesome. What is everyone else's opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself I like and dread the idea. they could make him a really good anti-hero (wishing an old school style Eastwood western) or they could mess if up and give it the Ep2 treatment to it.
Personally hoping they don't cast Tem as Fett...

Dredd got it right. A film that explores none of the character's backstory or the setting, just throws the character into the plot and away he goes.

They already ****ed it up by making him a clone, what could be worse?

Agreed Raizo,in my brain Fett is not a clone and never will be,it's funny I always thought Fett was some type of alien growing up a human in that suit never crossed my mind once.

If this ever goes ahead,movie would need to start with boba fett the whining ***** clone dying and that person takes the armour,reverting the character back to the man with no name concept!and that's the guy we know from the original trilogy....make it happen Disney as I wrote the start for you ;-)

If this ever goes ahead,movie would need to start with boba fett the whining ***** clone dying and that person takes the armor,reverting the character back to the man with no name concept!and that's the guy we know from the original trilogy....make it happen Disney as I wrote the start for you ;-)

SHI*****T Did you see the animated clone wars? He blew his dads helmet up to try and kill mace windu.. Im pretty sure he gets his armor on his own. I like to picture Boba in the future as Mandalore the Unitor. Bringing back the mandalorians.

SHI*****T Did you see the animated clone wars? He blew his dads helmet up to try and kill mace windu.. Im pretty sure he gets his armor on his own. I like to picture Boba in the future as Mandalore the Unitor. Bringing back the mandalorians.
you picked me up wrong dude,someone needs to kill that young clone fett off and assume his identity :)

you picked me up wrong dude,someone needs to kill that young clone fett off and assume his identity :)

Oh... I get it. That would be pretty good aswell. I was thinking post ROTJ. Which would also work if someone else took over his identity. I just think that the new canon could take over Boba, even with the clone bull****.

EDIT... Even if Boba is a clone, he is a perfect clone of Jango Motherf*ckin Fett. Jango was even Mandalore!!!. He killed six Jedi with his bare hands. So a perfect clone wouldn't be that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about an old grizzled Fett so busted up by the Sarlac he can no longer be that hunter, however he could train someone up to take up the mantle?
you know hanging out in dirty space ports getting to know the underworld and the bounty hunter guild etc... training, with other Mando's that live in the outer rim and so on..

with a sub plot that Mando's never take their helmets off he could pass this new ''Fett'' of as him self keeping the legend alive...

Like Zoro :lol:

I don't mind Fett being a clone. That being said there is no reason for him to even take his helmet off or to reference the clone wars.

Ill say it. I dont want a movie. Whenever they kill the mystery of a character it always sucks. Same with a han solo movie. Too much info isnt always a good thing. Just leave him alone. He hunts people down, capturess/kills. Not a good guy. How would disney portray that? We already love fett. More to lose then win i think.

What about an old grizzled Fett so busted up by the Sarlac he can no longer be that hunter, however he could train someone up to take up the mantle?

I think there are too many of these 'passing the torch' movies. They try to touch on the nostalgia that we enjoy about the original character, and all it does it get passed on to someone else who we probably won't like (regardless if it was good acting) because it just won't be the same. Also not a huge fan of 'origin' stories for the same reason - which is why I'm hesitant on the Solo movie. They're not going to find someone with the same swagger that Harrison Ford brought to the character, which everyone will find disappointing.

I agree with the "Dredd" format for the movie. Just a badass scenario of what Fett would have to deal with on a daily basis. But they won't do that. They'll try to tie it in to Rebels or some other point in the saga they're promoting at the time so that everything feels unnecessarily connected.

Worse yet, they'll wind up trying to touch on his motivation and "feelings", which is exactly why Fett is so cool, because as far as we know,he had none. Just cold and calculating, motivated by profit.

I think if a Deadpool movie works, then they can do a Boba movie just fine. Though it will be tricky to find a fair "bad guy" to pit him against.

I agree that I hope the mystery of Boba isn't taken away. Just put him up against a problematic "villain" and let us watch the bullets fly.

I think if a Deadpool movie works, then they can do a Boba movie just fine. Though it will be tricky to find a fair "bad guy" to pit him against.

I agree that I hope the mystery of Boba isn't taken away. Just put him up against a problematic "villain" and let us watch the bullets fly.
if deadpool works(and it will), it does not mean that boba fetts will, dead pool is marvel and rated R, boba fett is Disney and most likely going to be rated pg 13.
also, depending on when the movie is set (pre or post esb+rotj) there are loads of things that they can lift from the now not-canon comics.
boba frikkin duelled darthvader on a volcanic planet...and WON( darth dint die, could have killed him though)

Oh I completely agree with you.

The ratings will definitely determine what they can and cannot do in each movie. (Side thought: isn't Deadpool technically Disney too, since Disney owns both Marvel and Star Wars?)

If they could include awesome story pieces like Boba's encounters/fight with Vader, that would be epic! The only guy to openly challenge Vader in the original trilogy. He definitely deserves his own movie :)

Agreed Raizo,in my brain Fett is not a clone and never will be,it's funny I always thought Fett was some type of alien growing up a human in that suit never crossed my mind once.
You know looking at Boba Fett's helmet/mask it does look like an alien is up underneath there instead of a human. I don't know exactly how I'd feel about a Boba Fett movie because he'd have to be the hero and not the villain. Maybe a Han Solo movie with Boba Fett in it would be better as long as we get to see him crawl out of that damn sarlacc pit! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back