BatNinja's Sewing Services - Vest Material Order

OK one last pic of me in my new vest. I'll start my own armor thread soon. Again awesome work, Eric!

DCP_2382.jpg

I was curious of that as well?? I wanted to say it was Boba Maker but his stuff comes ready to go and you oviously sanded and bondoed your stuff.

batninja said:
That looks awesome! Whose armor is that?

That armor has been my side project for the last few months. Those pieces (chest, cod, and knees) are fiberglass casts from the originals I sculpted in clay and then molded. They've been cleaned up and are almost ready for remolding. The gauntlets are mine as well. PM if interested and keep an eye out for my own thread soon. Now back to the vesty goodness!

Just wanted to say that I got my vest today!! I've had a LOOOOT of upgrades over the years to which would always make my costume that little more closer to perfect....my vest was the absolute only thing left and thanks to Boba Fettish and batninja I have now attained total ESB perfection ....in my humble opinion:D

The vest is nothing short of absolute quality of the highest caliber. It WILL be a centerpoint to how accurate and quality built my costume has become (ok tooting own horn now:lol: )

I just wanted to publicly thank batninja and Boba Fettish for their parts in me finally getting the most accurate vest to be had in fandom:cheers

Best,
Steve (y)

Wow! Steve, I'm glad you liked it! Make sure to post pics of the costume when you get a chance.

As for the rest, I'm taking a week off from my day job to visit my folks. But I'm bringing my sewing stuff with me, as I hope to complete the rest of the paid orders while I'm gone (not much to do in Beaumont anyway). I'll still have access to the Internet, so I'll be making updates as they ship. Sorry for the delay!

batninja said:
Wow! Steve, I'm glad you liked it! Make sure to post pics of the costume when you get a chance.

As for the rest, I'm taking a week off from my day job to visit my folks. But I'm bringing my sewing stuff with me, as I hope to complete the rest of the paid orders while I'm gone (not much to do in Beaumont anyway). I'll still have access to the Internet, so I'll be making updates as they ship. Sorry for the delay!

You are going on vacation AND taking your sewing?!?! :confused

You are THE man!!! (y) (y)

(And I'm not just saying that because you are getting close to me on the list! ;) )

Eric,
I wanted to let you know the vest looks great! Really well done.(y) (y)
I helped Gonzo Fett place the snaps onto your vest for her armor. From one seamstress to a... well a tailor? Couldn't risk saying seamstress.:lol: You and I are on the same train of thought as far as design. I even set my stitches on the sleeve cap up to yours and they are dead even!!! How funny!! The stitching on the lining to the batting is great to keep from shifting!! What more can I say don't change a thing, the length on the vest perfect.
Ok so maybe one thing...the lining fabric(twill?)was making it a bit thick to put on the snaps. My only criticism. So others who do snaps may find the same problem. Maybe try a suit lining, just and idea it will lessen the bulk to sew as well.
PM or call me you got the #.
Christi

Yeah, I tried different fabrics for the lining. I tried to stick with a bottomweight, getting it on sale where I could. My thinking was if the liner was too thin, it might rip. So I tried to make sure it was a sturdy material.

Suit linings don't go on sale too often, and they can be pretty expensive, racking up the price of the vest. It was a trade-off, to be sure. Good point, though!

batninja said:
Yeah, I tried different fabrics for the lining. I tried to stick with a bottomweight, getting it on sale where I could. My thinking was if the liner was too thin, it might rip. So I tried to make sure it was a sturdy material.

Suit linings don't go on sale too often, and they can be pretty expensive, racking up the price of the vest. It was a trade-off, to be sure. Good point, though!

Stick with the thicker lining for me! The vest feels more durable and with the armor on it, won't flex as much!

Oh and you are getting so close to me on the list... it's making me crazy! :wacko

Got my vest in today! Well yesterday technically... that is to say the 8th.
Awesome! My FPv2 armor will look very nice on it. Thanks Eric.

Went out to the mail box today and low and behold there was a very warm BatNija vest waiting for me, taking full advantage of my excitment, I put it on naked and ran through the house!

I love you Bat Ninja

SaxeCoburg said:
Went out to the mail box today and low and behold there was a very warm BatNija vest waiting for me, taking full advantage of my excitment, I put it on naked and ran through the house!

I love you Bat Ninja

Saxe... you scare me bro! :lol:

Woot! My vest is in progress! (y)

I can not wait to receive my vest in all it's shiny glory!!!! ;)

I hope to be able to ship 13, 14, & 15 out this evening (Ripcode, yours is almost finished!).

The post office has an automated postal kiosk in the lobby so I can avoid the lines during the day. :)

Woot - can't wait (again) for the shipment..

thanks BN!

Once I get this piece - I will be at 100% Fett items.

Just have to paint/assemble and I am done....

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back