AIRBRUSH

eventHORIZON

New Hunter
Since airbrushing the helmet is something I wanna do, once I've finished the build...could some of you who have experience in the field, especially any veteran bucket painters, give any advice on types and brands???

I do have to say I have a strong artistic background (mostly in oils & water paint)!!! I was a art major in college...and from age 12 to 22 I took many private classes as well!!!! I've probably dabbled in every medium possible...EXCEPT airbrushing???

I see a lot of reasonably priced kits on the internet...but I just don't wanna spend $80 to $150 on garbage!!! Of course, someone could pop in and say anything less than $300 is gonna be garbage!!!

Its good for spraying without having to worry about the finess of a double action...with single its on and off like a spray can and the paint feed it controlled by turning the nozzle....check out some youtubes to see what you can find there...

I agree that a single action should be OK for most of what you need to do with a Fett paint up.
However, if you plan to use it beyond that purpose, you could check out some Youtube videos
of dual-action airbrushes, just to see the capabilities.
Paasche and Iwata are trusted brands. I've been using a Testors Aztek dual-action for years,
and it does exactly what I need it to do. It was less than $100.

[FOOTNOTE][/FOOTNOTE]Yeah, I use a paasche single action to spray base colours and larger areas, and an iwata neo double action for detail. Both are awesome and will last ages as long as you look after them :)

Thanks Jayvee & superjedi!!! Once F4R recommended watching some YouTube vids...I found a buttload out!!! It's a purchase that's a few months off...gotta get a 2nd job anyway...so I need a few months to save up!!!

. . . get a compressor with a decent sized tank too...

Oh, absolutely! When I first started airbrushing I used those cans of compressed air.
Very frustrating, as you can never really tell how much air is left and they'll run out or
start to freeze up at the worst times.

Being in Australia, everything costs more, but I picked up an awesome compressor with tank and airbrush included for around $300. It's still going beautifully, and you'll no doubt be able to find something similar for cheaper in the U.S., so start saving your pennies bud, as decent equipment really makes a difference, like the other lads have pointed out.. :)

I did my CC Gree with a dual action airbrush and I was a first timer. Looking back I'm glad I got the dual action because it's so versatile...not sure I would be happy if I got a single and regretted it. Get a good one and keep it clean!

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back