Airbrush Question

Armydad

Active Hunter
Does more psi from the compressor equal more paint from the airbrush? I've always used spray paints but love the evenness and thin layers of the airbrush. So I bought an airbrush (cheap beginners gun) and a 2 gal compressor from the hardware store. I've done a few practice runs with it and it works fine. It just seems to me that the area covered with each spray is very small, even when adjusting the airbrush to spray more paint. Maybe a 1-2 inch thick line when spraying. Or perhaps this is normal and I just need to be more patient when using the airbrush. Thoughts, thanks in advance.

Airbrushes aren't designed to give a super wide spray pattern. One thing you could try is holding the brush further from your work piece.
But then you have to make slower passes to allow the same amount of paint to hit the surface.

A potential problem with this is winding up with a kind of gritty surface, as the paint can actually begin to dry in midair.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back