It's begun. I've been planning this for a little over a week now and today I began the long journey in creating a full set of Boba armour, starting with the helmet! Boy was I in for a treat, using finger muscles I didn't know existed and getting cramp in my elbow while cutting the pieces with imense concentration. It took me a couple of attempts to get my foot off the ground but things are coming along now.
As a reference for anyone who may be interested, I will try and explain what I can about the process I followed. I've been using these two threads by Antman among others as a rough guide to get my scratch build going. They can be found here; Truly inspirational!
And the templates I am using are the WOF blueprints;
I started by cutting out the inner surface part (long section on the right), then I proceeded to cut out the top base that will ultimately be used to support the 'dome'.
I then used a misting bottle to spray the inner side of the buckets shape and then spent around 45 minutes gently shaping and bending my inner surface into shape. As you can see, I then clipped it, top and bottom, and let it dry in place.
This next bit was quite tricky. Once my inner surface dried, I then glued it around my top base (not very well mind). I used normal white glue then a glue gun to re-enforce the inside and like antman I added extra support shown in this photo.
A bit messy inside but it is setting nicely, yipee! I then went on to cut the outer piece out (more finger and arm cramp) and bent that piece into shape. I will then glue this to the inner surface you see above once dried. I took a photo of the 'mask' but the lighting was bad so I'll take one tomorrow.
So! I'm sure many of you are a familiar with this process but I wanted to share and document my progress for my reference and others if it is at all useful. Not a lot to show yet but I've made a healthy start
More updates in the coming days!