Ok since about once a week a new member comes in and expects to buy all the parts to a Boba/Jango costume for $100 I thought it would be a good idea to make this thread. I am not trying to discourage new builders but rather inform them so they know what they are getting into and they can get past the "sticker shock" when they ask for parts. Of course you can always find the "great deal" that comes up and get parts for cheaper, and you can always scratch build parts. This is more a list of what to expect to spend if you were to buy parts.
I will not list builders names, and please no one else do that either just to protect the innocent (and the guilty) And just FYI I don't make any of these peices so don't PM me asking for the $100 set of armor.
So here we go. Head to toe. These are for Boba, jango prices will vary slightly
1.Helmet, anwhere from $100-$300 unpainted in kit form. Paintjobs vary from $200 up. Painted helmets start ususaly around $600
2. Neck seal $30-$60
3. Vest $50-$100
4. Armor $ $100-$300+ unpainted. Paintjobs vary from $100 and up
5. Jumpsuit $100-$250
6. Girthbelts $40-$60 undyed $60-90 dyed
7. Ammo belts $80-$175
8. Belt pouches $20-$40
9. Jet Pack $300-$550 unpainted kit $600-$1000 painted paintjobs $200 up
10. Jet Pack harness, this one not many people make so I don't know
11. Knee armor $50-$100 sometimes included with other armor
12. Shin tools $50-$150 unpainted or painted
13. Boot spats $10-$30
14. Boots $90-$300 the cheap ones are the defect ones from CAboots the expensive are the aftermarket resale on MC or JW boots since neither are still available.
15a. Blaster ROTJ/ESB $75-$1000 the ones for a grand are based on real deactivated webleys
15b. Pre-pro sling gun $75-$150
16. Gloves $50-$150
17. ESB sidearm $90-$140
18. Cape $15-$45
19. Chest display $70-$100
20. Gauntlets(both) $130-$350
21. Toe Spikes $50-$70
22. Wookie Braids $10-$50
23. T-visor $7-$15
Add another $100-$300 on there for accurate paints, glue, snaps random other odds and ends if you are going to do it your self. This is also a good time to point out that that is part of the reason a paint job can cost so much, the paints that were used on the costume aren't cheap.
Again this is just a partial list of what I have seen parts sell for. If I am forgetting anything please feel free to add to it. Good luck and happy building.
Also there are other parts you can add to your costume that you don't have to have such as a voice changer, RC RF controller, metal RF stalk...etc.