Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. May 31, 2010, 6:36 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #26

Ive got a pretty big update today but not that many pictures. Ive just ordered myself the ankle spats, utility pouches and the flight suit, so im pretty excited lol. But i have done some work that I can show, firstly I went ahead and finished the boots, adding the weathering to the soles and bottom ( I think it would look odd to have perfecty white soles to such tatty boots)

Next up is my shoulder armour. Bought as part of a set of armour that I got and decided to only keep the shoulders. They look accurate with the one smooth and the other dented with all the correct dents, only problem was that they are very thin.

So I mixed some resin and fiberglassed the entire piece. Egnore the black bits as there off the old brush I used.

Now fully cured, the piece is much more sturdier. Ive just got to give it a sand then paint it up.

Cheers for looking guys,
    Lewis
  2. May 31, 2010, 6:38 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #27

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know the humbrol colours for the shoulder, would be much apreciated.
    Lewis
  3. Jun 5, 2010, 7:02 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #28

Hey guys, ive been shopping
    First of all thanks to boba fett UK for his amazing service, great bloke cheers. And secondly to Woodman, for the items that I bought off of BFU was his and the quality is amazing.
    First up is the cape which is perfect along with the weathering,

And then the set of SE wookie braids which are also amazing

Im currently waiting for stuff to arrive, so have been mainly working on the other gauntlet.

Cut and trimed to my liking, followed by a coat of primer to see the mess their in,

Then all covered in lovely green filler

After a couple of hours sanding by hand, followed by a dremel to sharpen all the edges and details, then some primer to see where I am,

I Then began to attatch the section where one of the hoses attatch. Instead of glueing or using screws, I used filler to attatch.

Once attatched and sanded, I then began to fill in some problem areas, wetsand the piece, primered and repeat to a stage where im happy with it.

Anyways thats all ive done for now, I plan on starting the lower section soon but theres some warpage in it that needs to be sorted first. Thanks again to Rob and Woodman.
    Thanks for looking, any crit or comments welcome,
    Lewis
    Jun 5, 2010, 10:43 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #29

always admire people with the craftsmanship really nice working progress... nice weathering on the boots and great painting on the gaunts which really gives a metalic look
    Jun 5, 2010, 10:53 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #30

Looking great, bruv. The idea with weathering the toe spikes was "spot on". Looks like I'll have to step it up a bit.
  6. Jun 7, 2010, 5:42 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #31

Cheers for the compliments guys,

For something so little Ive had so many problems it wasnt funny, I decided to finish up the left gauntlet today by painting the missile. But by the end of the day I had more paint on my hands than on the missile :oops:. So I airbrushed the copper on after masking the rest of the missile off, then finished it off by misting black weathering on.

I then used a generous portion of araldalite to glue it onto the gauntlet to finish it off.

So thats it, finally finished with the gauntlet. I still have the other one in progress and also have the softparts on order which is not fun waiting for them. But at the moment im considering purchasing an ee3 kit, but looking back over the last month I think my wallet needs a break (Im sure i'll still get it though :
    Cheers for looking, comments and crit welcomed,
    Lewis
  7. Member Since
    May 2010
    Jun 7, 2010, 7:02 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #32

Looks like its coming together very well. I'm in the process of an SE build myself so I look forward to seeing your finished product. Keep up the great work.
  8. Jun 10, 2010, 5:24 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #33

Thanks FettObsessed, I look forward to seeing you start, its a fun project to do.

Alot of pictures coming at you, hope you dont mind :wink:
    So I began working on the other gauntlet, although almost preped, I was hampered by some warpage. A few hours with the hairdryer and some constant pressure, I managed to shape it back to normal, a before and after shot,

Then the same way as the other detail piece, I attacthed the hose/pipes to the side of the gauntlet using filler as an adhesive.

Once dry, sanded smooth and wet sanded, finished with some primer.

The piece was then assembled and the piano hinge measured, cut and attatched. Aradalite glue was used and clamps insured it set in the desired position.

Next the fun part. Once the glue had dried, I then sanded it down again followed by wetsanding the piece. Then adding the coat of silver.

Once dry, I applied masking fluid to areas, looking closely at reference images to ensure accuracey. The piece was then coated with red/maroon enamal.

I then used a rubber to remover all of the fluid off. Running the piece under the tap and wiping it over to remove excess bits of fluid. once removed it left me with this.

I then went and airbrushed scorch marks and general dirt to parts of the gauntlet. I also used a compass to create small scratches along with water colours to create dirt and grime.

Ive now gotta paint some minor details and the pipes. Along with add the switchs, darts and hoses. Im really happy with how it came out, and with the practise of the first gauntlet ive done it so much quicker without any problems. The piece still needs its clear coat but it will be added when I finish painting. So what do you guys think, comments and crit welcome as usual
    Lewis
    Jun 10, 2010, 6:15 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #34

Those gaunts are looking pretty sweet. I'm enjoying watching the progress of this suit. Keep up the good work!
    Jun 10, 2010, 7:06 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #35

Looking really good, love the rocket!
    Jun 10, 2010, 8:15 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #36

Congrats bro...You put in a lot of work but the result is amazing
    Jun 10, 2010, 9:48 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #37

Wow, I'm blown away by your work. Great job!

Sean
  13. Jun 17, 2010, 5:48 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #38

Cheers for the compliments guys.
    First of all im happy to say that my boots are finally finished wahoo. I glued on the toe spike with expo resing and wow there not coming off. Im stil goin to add the screw but there only cosmetic.

As per usual with any fett builder, ive been spending more money, luckily for my wallet not to much lol.
    So firstly I went out and bought myself some sub minature flick switches,

I then simply measure out where they needed to be, a quick go with the drill and simply screw them in.

I also went ahead and bought two metres of clear braded pvc pipe. I then cut into three sections.

I then fashioned myself 3 wooden dowels, painted them silver then glued then in place.

I then thickend them up, another coat of silver paint and then glues the pipes in place.

Forgive the candy red colour in the last pick as its yet to have the matt clear coat put on. Ive now gotta hand paint some detail areas then work on the fastening method. Comments and criq highly welcomed lol,
    Thanks,
    Lewis
    Jun 18, 2010, 9:55 AM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #39

The suit's coming along great!
  15. Jun 19, 2010, 4:23 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #40

Cheers web chief, means alot coming from someone who can paint like you

So a very small update here and probably the last for a bit untill my other fett parts decide to show up. So I did the little finishing touches to the gauntlets today, in that I painted up the little detail bits and and pipes.

Ans the pips, egnore the little bubble as its actually water from me wiping them over :wink:

And a photographer im not lol. And finally added the matt clearcoat, dosent really show on camera but it looks the same shade of red as the other gauntlet,

So thats the gauntlets officially painted, just got to add the darts and some velcro on the pipes to attatch to my shoulder and bada bing bada boom finished

Thanks guys,
    Lewis
    Jun 21, 2010, 5:54 AM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #41

Hey Lewis. just dropping in from the UKG. Thanks for suggesting I sign up here. Amazing work as always.
    Jun 21, 2010, 6:58 AM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #42

I'm a newbie here, but this build blows my mind!
  18. Jun 21, 2010, 8:42 AM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #43

No probs Red, pretty much just copy what I paste on the UKG to here . What the guys at the G cant help you with people here definatly can.
    Thanks Luis, means alot. Im just at that horrible stage of waiting for stuff to arrive, hopefully it gets here this week.
    Thanks,
    Lewis
    Jun 21, 2010, 2:03 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #44

Hey Lewis, outstanding work so far bruv.... gaunts are spot on

Gonna use your technique for my boot spikes too....

Keep it up and we'll have you trooping with the 'G' by the end of the year....

cheers

Shiv
    Jun 21, 2010, 5:16 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #45

Just curious, but what do you plan on using for your darts?
  21. Jun 21, 2010, 6:54 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #46

I plan on getting some off of my friend eBay The fenix props were the ones I will most likely get, at the moment moneys tight for me as ive just passed my bike test so im looking at getting a bike, real life first im affraid. But i'll get them soon enough.
    Also found out that Im goin to have to add the red LED on the left gauntlet otherwise they will hinder clearance, does anyone know what type of LED to use? Would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lewis
  22. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jun 21, 2010, 8:58 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #47

Wow, great post.
    Jun 22, 2010, 12:08 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #48

Quote welshwarrior123 said: View Post
    I plan on getting some off of my friend eBay The fenix props were the ones I will most likely get, at the moment moneys tight for me as ive just passed my bike test so im looking at getting a bike, real life first im affraid. But i'll get them soon enough.
    Also found out that Im goin to have to add the red LED on the left gauntlet otherwise they will hinder clearance, does anyone know what type of LED to use? Would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lewis
    Just off the top of my head I would recommend Maplins. Maybe something like this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45937
    I used similar Blue LED's for my MC, were spot on.

Oh and PS: what bike you after?
  24. Jun 22, 2010, 1:40 PM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #49

I already have some of those LED, albeit white ones. But I thought the LED looked a little different from the normal ones, guess I'll just get one of them
    Well I say ive past my test, ive past my cbt so at the moment im limited to a 125cc, so I plan on getting myself a Yamaha YZF R125, went out the other day to enquire about it and hopefully should have one by next month

They look just like the new R6's and they have the same chassis so its pretty big for a 125, dont know if I'll get that particular one as he was asking silly money, but if I can talk him down a bit Do you have bikes then Red?
    Lewis
    Jun 23, 2010, 5:35 AM - Re: SE Boba Fett build #50

Yeah the Yamaha R series are nice bikes. I previously owned a Cajiva Mito 125 (was rubbish) and then a Honda CBR600rr which was a beaut but had to sell due to cashflow problems
    Was actually looking into getting a Yamaha R6 at some point. Really nice bikes. The 125 version sounds good for a 125 too.

Sorry to derail your thread :P