SE Boba Fett build

Wow, thank you Art, Glad you injoyed the thread :lol:
So im now gunna have a ago at repainting the kidney plate, sadly this piece was used to practise my airbrushing on so Ive gotta strip it down, but at least im confident in painting it now. Ive been talking to a well known member on here aswell so should be ordering the rest of the armour along with a helmet next week :lol:
Welsh

I just saw this thread for the first time as well. And like Art, the first thing I noticed was the weathering and paint techniques !

The gauntlet paint up / missile paint up is truly fabulous brother. You're one to watch ;)

Best,

Chris

Thanks for the comliments chris, really means alot comming from someone of such talent as yourself. Im just looking forward to painting some of your amazing armour now that ive cracked airbrushing:lol:
Welsh

Really impressive work so far, i've been looking at those gaunts on ebay myself, they do polish up nice, but i see it takes a lot of work to get them lookingthat good

Thanks Frosty. Yeh the gauntlets can look decent but I think it took around 3 months to get them to a painting standard, and there still not entirely finished, also the accessories that come with them, rocket, flame unit are just unusable. If I was in your boots just go straight for a top maker such as FP, BM etc. You wont get them for £40 but you will have the best available, also FP just released a budget set :lol:

Hey guys
Well i kept saying my belt would be here next week, and then next week. But I woke up this morning to find a letter from the royal mail saying I wasnt at home grrrr :evil: So a very quick drive to the local depot, and I came back with this work of art,

SNC00883.jpg

SNC00884.jpg

The belt is absolutley stunning, and its real leather so smells great lol. If anyone needs a boba belt, taco is the man to go to, thank you so much brother (y) So then came the hardest part, ruining this belt with weathering. So I decided to paint the damage and wear on. It not perfect and I took some artistic licence in certain places were I couldnt find any referance of. Some of the white needs another coat as some brown is showing through, but i'll touch that up tommorow.

SNC00886.jpg

SNC00887.jpg

SNC00888.jpg

SNC00889.jpg

And finally I got out the pouches and threaded them on. The pouches are still not finished as im gonna hit them with an airbrush to get them a little more dirty.

SNC00890.jpg

SNC00891.jpg

Overall im really happy with how it turned out, up close you can see its painted on, and I mean if your about 3 inches away :D But from about a foot it looks really good. Ive also had confirmation that my flight suit is being built this month, and im also ordering my helmet along with all the armour next week. So I think im about half way through, and hopefully I can get it finished by the end of the year.
Lewis

Great work bruv... and to echo others, lovin the weathering your putting into this! nice touch... (y)
I agree the green is allot better too.

Thanks mojo, im really happy with green, im so chuffed that i actually painted it lol. Im going to finish the shoulder now, along with the kidney plate and then most likely sell them, as I plan on getting all fettpride armour :lol:
Thanks fettboy and BHF, means alot.
This thread will probably be dead for a while now as its just the waiting game, if I finish the shoulder etc I'll post them up. But ive got a long wait till any more fett items arive :cry
Cheers guys,
Lewis

Right guys I need some advise as I think I messed up. I wasnt goin to post any pics of this but means i may have ruined it I need some help. Ive been told be a few peeps that my pouches were way to clean, and now my belt has come I wanted to get them finished to finish the belt setup. So I got my airbrush out and sprayed away. Problem is I think i may have overdid it.

SNC00894.jpg

SNC00896.jpg

SNC00892.jpg

SNC00893.jpg

So what do you think, to much? I hope I havant over done it, I think it may be because I had them with so little weathering on I got used to them lol. If I have ive got a long wait before I can get a new set :(
Thanks,
Welsh

Well guys update time. Turned out I did over weather the pouches, so new ones have been ordered. And thanks to the excellent service yet again from Shiv (james007bond), I have a pair of boba gloves. Thanks shiv, posted yesterday an arrived today, an just like the boots im in awe at them :D
The gloves are perfect, and fit like a.........well glove lol.

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

Lovely and clean, untill I did my usual weathering process. I first applied browns and yellows to the grey areas and around all the seams, using my finger to the blend them in. I then applied blacks an grey to the white area's, followed by then playing with a black pastel with the gloves on, making the inside and finger tips dirty ;)

DSCF0115.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

I will try an get some better photos of the gloves tommorow, these were taken tonight so arnt the best and dont really show the weathering. I'll also get one with the gauntlets on :D
Welsh

Hey guys, been really busy the last few days. But am so stoked about what I have aquired:lol:

Firstly tho, with the incredably rubbish weather were having over here at the moment, theres not really much you can do. So ive basically been weathering the bits that I have. Firstly was my woodman cape, already weathered by the owner before me or possibly by woodman himself. I decided to add some darker areas so that they show up on photos and what not. Not to much, but enough to be noticable.

SNC00897.jpg

And then I decided to dirty up the shin tools, simply slapping paint on then rubbing off with a paper towel.

SNC00881.jpg

And now what I have been so excited about......

0a4d85e1.jpg

Ive gone and bought a BFUK JP, that the pic thats Rob has sent me :lol: I feel like a kid on christmas eve, so happy that I finally have one, its also the most expensive part of the suit sorted. Ive also bought the soft harness with the Full metal fett hooks etc and replica US diving buckle. Hopefully I will get this this week, I havant even recieved it and am already impressed with Rob, a very proffesional gent who quickly responds to my noobie questions, Thanks Mate:lol:
So next update will be when I get this beauty,
Welsh

Well, had a knock on my door today. Opened it to find a struggling parcel force man carrying a huge crate.......yes crate.

DSCF0224.jpg

Wow boy, this thing was well packed, took me almost half hour to get the thing out of its box. And wow, I cannot describe how awesome the pack is, its also dawned on me the mammoth task it will take to paint this thing. All parts out of the box and laid out.

DSCF0225.jpg

Upon further inspection, my heart dropped a little as I turned the pack over. A long crack ran down the back of the pack, actually two cracks, one on either side of the door. But ive been through this before with my gauntlets, so have enough experience with fiberglass to be able to fix this small problem.

DSCF0226.jpg

Anywhoo, what I then really wanted to see is what the assemble pack looked like. Now simple dosent describe how easy this pack is to put together, a couple of screws and nuts and.............

DSCF0227.jpg

Now the pack is primered up and ready for paint, but me being so anal, wants to fill and sand some imperfections. The pack is an excellent cast, yet does have some small airbubbles and rough parts that I would like to see to.
But just take a look at the detail that this pack has :D

DSCF0229.jpg

DSCF0231.jpg

DSCF0228.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

So, I will probs start prepping the pack now ready for paint, also goin to fiberglass the inside where those cracks are. But hopefully should start painting by the end of the week :D
Thanks,
Lewis

Hey Lewis

Ah man, am gutted to see that damage on the JP. That looks like transit damage, almost as if something heavy pressed against the top of the JP... I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the crate whilst delivering it.. Have you spoken to Rob about it yet?

Anyway, i'm sure you'll have it in tip top condition soon... Looking forward to the paint up on this baby... :)

Thanks Webchief, glad your enjoying my build :)

No worries though Shiv, the gauntlets were ten times worse than the pack, hopefully goin out tommorow now to get some resin and matt. I sent Rob a messgae saying i got the pack and I mentioned the crack, but really there was nothing he could do about it anyway, stupid parcel force :angry
So once that is all reinforced, I can then sand the pack down, fill in any holes, primer then ready for paint, im usin terminalfettlers and a bit of BFUK's colour list to paint it up. Really looking forward to painting this now though, so look out for updates:lol:
Thanks,
Welsh

Update time :D
Firstly, really really happy as my new belt pouches arrived since I ruined my last set, so thats all sorted now.
Now the betters stuff :) Right as I said I felt the jetpack needed some TLC, also it had 2 cracks, which later turned into about 8 after a good look. I didnt take no photos of me fiberglassing and filling all the cracks and holes, also it wasnt very nice to see the jetpack all sanded and scratched. I did get a picture of my cleaned up rocket. This is with all the holes and inperfections filled, just needs a wetsand, primer then ready for paint.

DSCF0241.jpg

So i fixed all the cracks and holes in the pack, then hit it with some plastic primer. Then with some tape and plastic bags, masked around the area I wanted to paint.

DSCF0240.jpg

Once painted, I waited an hour before carefully removing the tape and plastic bags. I had a little bit of paint bleed on both sections but nothing that a little paint and a brush cant fix.

DSCF0247.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

I also applied masking fluid to parts, as looking at referance images, there seems to be some grey damage area on the white sections. I removed these with a rubber brush so as not to affect the finish of the white.

DSCF0262.jpg

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

So theres my first steps into my jetpack paint up, im goin to mask it all off again though tommorow, hit it with some 1500 wet and dry paper then give it another spray of white as it dosent look as good as it does in the pictures. Hopefully then I can start on the red sections :D
Lewis

Well, I go back to college now on wednesday so ive been trying to get as much done as possible as I can already see me getting swamped with work :(

So, like I said I wasnt entirely happy with the finish of the white, I got some of the finest grade sandpaper I could, 1500, and give it a very light rub followed by another spray of white. I am now really happy with the finish of it now, no cracks or imperfections so sorted :D
I then went on to the next layer the Red, I masked off the area I wanted, Sprayed grey, masked it off, sprayed silver, masked it off then I sprayed the red to get me this,

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0281.jpg

Then with a rubber brush, I gently removed the masking fluid to reveal the damage and scratches.

DSCF0282.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

DSCF0284.jpg

I then went onto the yellow sections, now this is the part when I started thinking to myself.....Why did I chose fett, I shoulda gone TK. Masking this took over an hour.
Once masked, I then sprayed grey and then masked the damage, followed by silver. I did spray a bit of the recommended yellow, but really couldnt get the finish right, so im out tomorrow to purchase a rattle can of the same yellow.

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0290.jpg

So hopefully I can get the yellow put down tomorrow and remove the tape to see if its all okay, the maybe hit it with the 1500 sand paper to dull it down a bit.
So should have an update tomorrow, Think im finally getting the hand of this airbrushing malarky :D
Welsh

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back