Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part)

Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part)

I cant win lol. I sold the one i pictured here, and picked up (from the same seller actually)what was advertised as the 6051. I recieved it and its exactly the same as the one i already had, except without the BOAC marking on it. The button does not say every ready, so i believe that this is the 6050...again.

*sigh* i give up, im just gonna use this one lol

From
    "Farthest from the Brightest Spot in the Universe.

I'm blown away by this discovery. Who and how in the world was this bit of information even found? Was this on one of the traveling Fetts? I'm dumbfounded.

From
    Galati, Romania

Vargas1138 said: View Post
    I'm blown away by this discovery. Who and how in the world was this bit of information even found? Was this on one of the traveling Fetts? I'm dumbfounded.
    The discovery was made by mekroid and confirmed by me in this thread ==> ESB Gaunlet greeblie help - Post #12. Here's another thread I did regarding some measurements and drawings of the Ever Ready Minilight ==> Ever Ready Minilight and Battery Templates.

Resurrecting this thread for some progression....finally lol

Heres pics of the light mounted in my FP gauntlet.

Just the front part of the light is attached to the gauntlet. The blue section comes off to house/replace the batteries. Also in inner section of the front can be removed to change the bulb.

Mind you, these gaunts are fiberglass with a gel-coat outer layer...i had to dremel away just about all the glass to get this to fit. So much so that some areas were just gelcoat. So, after i glued it in i filled the cracks/gaps on the outside with zap-a-gap superglue and sanded it smooth. Luckily its undetectable. I feared i messed up a perfectly awesome set of gaunts!

Also, keep in mind the screen used gaunts were vac formed, so the issue of material thickness was probably , well, not an issue. So my bet is the 6050 will fit in a set of vac formed gaunts just fine. The 6050 does in fact JUST make it in the glass gaunts...barely, but its in there and works!

Im not thrilled with how deep the button appears to sit in the gauntlet on the outside, but it was the best i could get it. I'm pretty happy with it though.

Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Nov 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM.

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

Just out of curiosity, was the minilight only found on the ESB gauntlets?

I'm doing an ROTJ Fett right now, and I SWEAR that my parents have one or two of these lights kicking around their hardware cupboard. I'm emailing them right now with pics. Haha.

If I don't need it for ROTJ, I will post them up in the cargo hold.

I dont THINK it was in the ROTJ gaunts, but im more knowledgeable with ESB...Rafal would know for sure i'd think

From
    Massachusetts

Nice work Lou! Could only imagine that sick feeling about messing up those awesome gaunts!!

From
    Galati, Romania

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    I dont THINK it was in the ROTJ gaunts, but im more knowledgeable with ESB...Rafal would know for sure i'd think
    Well, it seams that the ROTJ lacks this feature:

rotj-no-minilight-jpg

The same goes for the MoM, DaG and SWtE exhibit images too, which not features the ROTJ Hero right gauntlet, but possibly one of the replacement parts. The right gauntlet from the AoSW and C-IV exhibits has the minilight, but this is because that is the repurposed Pre-Pro #2 gauntlet. Using a modified, famous line from the ROTJ (Luke revealing to Leia that they are twins): the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1/Pre-Pro #3 had it... the Pre-Pro #2 had it... the ESB hero had it too... but the ROTJ Hero not!

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

Sweet! One less thing! Hopefully I can find some and help you guys out

From
    Frederick, United States

Has anybody identified some suitable stand in pieces that may be readily available from Radio shack? We only need a bulb, push-button switch, and battery right? I have a set of FP ESB gauntlets that I am starting to work up and they came with a suitable button. I was thinking I might be able to find enough parts to recreate the light look even though I can't snag one off evilbay (haven't seen one for months now).