who is this

When I see videos of stuff like this or for example the vader who robbed a bank, I get concerned that a person actions might someday ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Being a party to or helping cause any sort of scene like this that would affect other costumers in the community or in the state is a really bad idea imo.

I don't think we should be comparing Jabbas Palace with real life...just my opinion....
...I for one would not like to see fewer opportunities being presented to us to support the community or participate in charitable endeavors due to viral videos like this becoming more prevalent.!

If the co-ordinators at a Childrens Hospital or other charitable organization who were considering inviting a Costuming group to come and do an event for them, and they had no previous experience with costumers, were to see this video do you think they would be more likely or less likely to proceed in inviting us to do an event for them?
Just a few of the posts that stand out to me.

As are many of you here, I am a 501st member. I guess I'm an old fart also, unlike many of you. Maybe it's just that. I'm old. Five years with the Legion, exposed to so many children and their families at Cancer survivors picnics / Autism awareness and similar events, has caused me to pay more attention to my actions before, during and after events. To some of those children we are nothing less than heroes. I don't want those families to see me acting like an a$$ after taking photos with their kids.

Recently I have made access to my personal facebook page less public and have started removing certain pictures and posts that are a bit more than PG. The BBF page remains completely public, but is edited for content constantly.

No offense meant to anyone, And no, I am not Dudley Do-Right, I can be just as stupid as the next guy. I'm just more cautious about where and how stupid. Just the thoughts of a crotchety old man.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That "boba's" expression killed me hahahaha. Wow. Guess he decided to not come to the females rescue. Thats so unlike him....
haha
And why did he have his helmet off? And....doesn't he eat with a feeding tube? (Thus, the helmet never comes off)

umm I sometimes wear one of my buckets to class for the sheer hell of it.
It's always fun to collect some high-fives or weird looks from students and Professors on the way to lecture.
I usually don't bother to fully suit up, but at least wear a club shirt with it.
I have fun and the Mercs get's some traffic.
Some of the ensuing conversations have had people start reading Mercs and TDH right there on their phones.
I do this costuming stuff for my amusement, be it halloween, a troop or yo' momma's house.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back