Primer on Resin

Burgs

New Hunter
Just a quick one guys. Got myself a resin bucket and after applying the primer i have noticed in some spots the paint is still wet. Even days after application. And its not where ive got builders bog either. Any words from the wise on this conumdrum?

Couple questions.

When you say your paint is still wet, is it just in the primered stage? or did you already paint all the other layers? In other words, is it just the paint that isn't dry? Or is it the primer too?

Did you wash the helmet thoroughly before priming? it could be that some mold release was missed and that is causing the paint not to dry.

Absolute worst case. the resin is weeping because it wasn't mixed thoroughly enough before pouring, or a contaminate got into the mix. I've heard you can cure this issue by heating it, but you have to worry about warping. What I have done on weeping resins, is coated them in some baby powder for a few days, and that has drawn out all the oil the resin generated.

The helmet was sanded all over, wax and grease remover, allowed to dry and then hit with primer. I havent added more layers as i saw the couple little areas where it hadnt dried. Maybe it is this "weeping" you mention.
Oh and its just your standard el cheapo ebay special resin piece of ****.

Try sanding the paint off of the affected areas. hit it with a hair drier for a little bit, maybe you can cook it out of it with that. I wouldn't use a heat gun on it as a heat gun gets hot enough to blister the resin. If that doesn't work, try the baby powder trick. Of course, clean the areas with a degreaser before priming again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back