Need Help with Jedi Robe

RamSkirata

Active Hunter
Hello there :)

Ive had the wish for quite some time, but since I started reading the "Kenobi" book again, it became more urgent.
I need a Jedi robe. Or at least the cloak part of the robe.
I want to use it as a bathrobe more or less.

The only problem is... All purchasing options that I found are of very low quality and my search vor sewing patterns etc. didnt turn up somthing definitive. My own research seems to be hindered by the fact that, being in Germany, I only really get German search results even when I am searching english terms. And the German search results don't include anything useful. At the same time, I don't know enough about Jedi robes or the terminology associated with sewing and tailoring to go on a more focused search that would yield results.

So I am turning to you fellows. I know a lot of you have contacts and knowledge reaching far beyong "just" Fett, so I am hoping for some good input :)

Right now I am looking for information mainly, that will then help me to determine whether I should comission a cloak or with the help of a local seamstress, endeavour to make my own.

(And I dont even know if cloak is the correct word. I mean the bulky dark brown overcoat thing with the hood! :) )

1639258861148.png

1639258840725.png

Edit: More Research has brought up some tutorials:

Last edited:
Hiya RamSkirata

Just thought I'd toss this at cha!
:cool:(y)

Here's a link to a Jedi Bathrobe
1639624771314.png

...And for those curious, YES, turns out they make a Fett Bathrobe too!
1639624925713.png

They got many other Jedi-esque styled bathrobes on Amazon, this is what I quickly found. So, you may not need to make one or have one made.

Also, I have not heard them being referenced as a "Cloak", I've always known them as "Jedi or Sith Robes". I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm playing through "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" since it was released/ported on the Nintendo Switch! Reliving my Xbox days I guess. I recall that game as being one of the greats! But even in that game they called them "Robes"....
1639625428114.png

Not sure if ANY of this helps, but just my two cents worth!
:)

Best,
-Iron

...For assisting in RamSkirata 's quest - Light Side Points Gained!
1639625732123.png

Hiya RamSkirata

Just thought I'd toss this at cha!
:cool:(y)

Here's a link to a Jedi Bathrobe
View attachment 218102

...And for those curious, YES, turns out they make a Fett Bathrobe too!
View attachment 218103

They got many other Jedi-esque styled bathrobes on Amazon, this is what I quickly found. So, you may not need to make one or have one made.

Also, I have not heard them being referenced as a "Cloak", I've always known them as "Jedi or Sith Robes". I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm playing through "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" since it was released/ported on the Nintendo Switch! Reliving my Xbox days I guess. I recall that game as being one of the greats! But even in that game they called them "Robes"....
View attachment 218104

Not sure if ANY of this helps, but just my two cents worth!
:)

Best,
-Iron

...For assisting in RamSkirata 's quest - Light Side Points Gained!
View attachment 218105
Thank you, Irongladiator for being the first and only one to react to my enquiry!

And as much as I appretiate your input... The dedicated batrobes arent really what I am looking for. I want the real thing and just repurpose it :) I dont like normal bathrobes anyways as they are way too short for my liking. Hence, the idea solve two "problemes" with one solution: Me needing a bathrobe and me wanting a Jedi robe :)

Nor regarding KotoR... I love that game! Its my favourite game of all times. Still playing it on PC :D

This might be a little more if what your looking for. It’s what one of my garrison mates used for his Kenobi build, his actual robe…..https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheJediCloset?ref=usf_2020 ……..

I was actuallly thinking of doing the same thing 3 years ago and at that time I came across a member parting out his build. With the perfect robe for a steal of a price $80 USD I couldnt make up my mind and someone else snapped it up , I still regret it!

Attachments

• E4F7F5CC-73ED-4B72-AC52-013084A158D8.png
    E4F7F5CC-73ED-4B72-AC52-013084A158D8.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Got2bfett Thank you for your kindness and taking the time! Also funny that you had the same idea! How did you get it? :D

Thank you also for the link! It is indeed further in the direction of what I want. Unfortunately, the vendor seems to only sell the under-tunic and not the "coat" / "cloak" that I am looking for.

Got2bfett Thank you for your kindness and taking the time! Also funny that you had the same idea! How did you get it? :D

Thank you also for the link! It is indeed further in the direction of what I want. Unfortunately, the vendor seems to only sell the under-tunic and not the "coat" / "cloak" that I am looking for.

ohh man sorry to hear that, I’ve got a few more queries out there just waiting to hear back. When I do I’ll let you know. My idea stemmed from just loving OT Ben Kenobi. The older I get the more nostalgic the character becomes. Soooo, I live in the north east where it gets pretty cold in winter and yes to anyone living in Canada or north of say Maine it’s not your kinda cold. But when I watch TV in my man cave at night I gotta layer up so Bens robe would be ideal to keep warm and look cool doing it.

A little update the link is where the robe WAS bought from , due to the pandemic the material used for it is scarce or non existent right now. So the seller discontinued it . And is not sure when or if will be offered again. I also contacted clothears and they also discontinued theirs as well. I looked at their offering and it looked really good, bummer! Thanks Covid 19 and Omicron. Don’t know if you had any luck , but fingers crossed. Wish I’d bought that robe when I could have .

So many replies... Thank you all!
We're getting closer!

Rook 3 Very good idea!
Though I gotta say, the huge synthetics content would deter me from that particular one product. It also seems to only offe kids robes now and it would take a couple of those to try and cover me^^

Got2bfett Oh I can understand you soo well. I especially love the coarse structure of OT Ben :)
That said, in the end I do prefer the non-pointed hood of the Prequels robes.
I can already see myself sitting in the armchair with the robe on, drinking a Corellian Brandy, some mandalorian Tihaar or a cup of Shig or something of that sort.
What kind of man cave do you have ?:love:

Irongladiator VERY nice! Hahahaha

Got2bfett
Oh well... I see...
As Irongladiator pointed out... maybe the robes we are searching for don't exist...
Honestly, by now I am coming to the conclusion that I will have to make one.
Find a template and a seamstress to sew it...
Good thing is that I will then have full control over what cloth I want! :D

Any leads on that? My search for templates only brought up some YouTube videos of casual-cosplayers who made themselves one. I would like something more true to the originals.
But I think the same language problems I outlined earlier are keeping me from getting good results again.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back