Girth Belt question

BobaFettLV426

New Hunter
I was curious how you connect the ends of the girth belt? I'm doing the book of boba girth belt. Just not sure how to connect the ends. Any help would be appreciated

I was curious how you connect the ends of the girth belt? I'm doing the book of boba girth belt. Just not sure how to connect the ends. Any help would be appreciated
Not really sure how the BOBF girth belt ends are attached, but this is how the OT girth belts were attached. Perhaps they are similar.

Im pretty sure the BOBF girth belt is similar to the Repaint version. There will be some form of backing its secured to to keep the strands in place. The repaint then has leather which connects the ends.

I am struggling with what they are in back also. They look metal, but they bend easily as the leather belt goes around.

I don’t know if they are just a shiny fabric or whatnot. I’m perplexed, but I have to make a decision soon as I’ll be done with all the rest of the belt/girth belt.

Here is the artist rendering that they used for CGI Fett during the series.

Last edited:
Based off your GE photo it looks like the center under "plate" has velcro tabs on the left and right sides.
If that's the case, Temura's belt was fitted to him, so the velcro would have been hidden. The smaller metal pieces above and below don't appear to have any function at all. Just greeblies/gack. The "kidney buckles" (the gold-ish colored blocks at the kidneys) made by JJ Indistries slot togeather like some sort of vertical fastex buckle, according to the pics on their site.

But to sort of answer OP's question, velcro. Strong velcro. :)

Not really sure how the BOBF girth belt ends are attached, but this is how the OT girth belts were attached. Perhaps they are similar.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/69/09/48E1E04A-C0D3-454E-9E15-C55234748444/IMG_1983.HEIC
velcro, pleather, inexpensive singer sewing machine
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/43/03/E23E7F50-C492-4B34-BC45-B9199EB7B807/IMG_1976.HEIC
WIP

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back