ESB, who makes the best?

I was quoted a price (unpainted) for everything, $3800*. I'm sure I can find braids, shin tools, cape, etc for much cheaper. Who does everyone recommend?
Cost isn't that big an issue, but i can make my own braids, cape, etc. Just looking to have the bulk of it ready to go. Easy fellas, this is my first post to this forum.

*this quote was from BobaMaker.

Bobamaker does excellent work. Depends on your timeline. I don't know of anyone doing commission work with less than 6 months to a year wait time. Darthvoorhees does great work on paint and offers helmets and JP. There are so many great painters on here. It sounds like you're looking for a one stop shop. There is also the possibility of a full suit coming up in the cargo hold. It happens regularly. $3,800 for everything of Bobamaker quality doesn't sound bad. Like I said, he makes great stuff. He is one of the few one stops that still do everything.

thanks! I'll keep checking on the boards. I'd prefer a one stop shop, but if it's more cost effective I'll piece it together as i go. I'd rather have a kit so i can modify it to fit me. I'm an artist, so I'm more excited about painting it than anything, and everyone here had supplied some amazing tips and templates for painting, should be a breeze.

Have you decided which version you're going with? ESB or Rotj or SE? Once you decide, start watching the paintups for that version. Stay true to that for a while. After a bit you'll know the paint/weathering so well you can tell what version of the suit you're looking at at any zoom level!

I'm in same boat with expenses. Being a Fett man isn't cheap. But man is it worth it when you get it finished. Start small and build it up. Takes time.

For what it's worth, pulling it together from various vendors wasn't as bad as I thought. Timing may be a driver on how quickly you want things and just who has stuff available at the time. I have found the gloves and harness to be the most challenging as people only do runs every now and then. This may be something you want to be on the lookout for while painting your armor and helmet. Good luck!

thanks guys. US here (FL), and going for ESB. So far I've ordered helmet, JP, gaunts, harness, straps, boots, cape, braids, divers belt, chest lights. I'll get the soft parts after everything's here. then I'll get on the painting and weathering.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back