C4 and Dragon Con Zammers

man that really stinks john...hope you guys get this ironed out by Dcon too...looking forward to meeting you and becky!

I saw Kathy - I was behind her in the squishy picture (501st group pic) in my Snowtrooper. I asked if she was a TDH'er and she said no, but her husband Cal was. Unfortunately, Cal was further down the line and I didn't get a chance to meet him. I asked around a little the next couple of days but no one either knew who Cal was or if they did, where he was. I really would have LOVED to have met you, Cal!! I got to spend some time with Tony and Aimee which was cool! I'm not sure if I met up with any other Zammers and just didn't put two and two together. Hopefully at DC more of us can hook up!

Thanks all for the compliments!!!! :) It was one of our hi-lights of the trip for sure. She wore her zam the whole day on Friday and also for the 501st photo. We did swing by the TDH table a couple times. She was in costume when Turo was at the booth.

I was glad to meet those of you who I could and bummed I didn't run into others. It was so busy and the whole thing went by in a blurr for me.

This is actually the first time I've been able to check the boards since I've been home. I've had a ton of things to deal with.... so I'll get to pms and such as soon as I can and apologize for my slowness.

I thought it was really awesome that both Kay-dee and my wife were up there on stage together. Kathy I'll send you all my photos that I took with your stuff.

Here are a few pics:

P1010715sm.JPG

P1010727sm.JPG

P1010728sm.JPG

P1010733sm.JPG

P1010724sm.JPG

hey guys, should we all zam up at the same time at d'c, it would be cool to mob the TDH table some time on Saturday to take pics together. I know I will be zammed up on Sat morning, but not so sure about Sat evening -- cause it gets unbearable in hotlanta. I wanted to be there when maulmaus was there at the table, but she's only there at like 3-5pm on Sat. I was hoping to meet everyone in the morning, not late afternoon. I don't want to stay in my outfit all day being preggers and all. Anyone want to meet up at a specific time on Sat?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not wearing the costume while I'm at the table... I can tell you that right now! :lol: :lol:

I was going to ask everyone when they wanted to get together for a group picture? Saturday is fine with me... except when I have to be at the TDH Table.

Sounds good to me... :)

We can check on when the parade is... lasts like 1/2 hour... 45 minutes right? Give some time for the normal disorganization and potty-breaks... 11-ish would be just about right.

I'm on the parade organization team for the 501st. Usually there is some time just after the main 501st picture for smaller group pictures before the parade gets under way. We are the last group in the parade. I know that not everyone here is necessarily 501st but it's a good location for pictures so I thought I'd throw it out there. Even if some are RL members and marching with them, they are generally staged right in front of us so it would be easy to meet up for pictures.

Ohhh....and in case anyone is wondering what happened...I had my board name here changed to match my board name everywhere else. It was BFett333

Yeah, I'd figured the 501st pictures is for the 501st, TDH for the TDH... there are a lot of non-finished zammers as well as some that might get finished, and a lot of zammers that want to meet each other and take pics regardless of whether their costumes are finished. That's why I mentioned after the parade and stuff. Those that want their 501st pics taken can have them taken whenever they set up their times, but this "meet up" was just for us TDH zammer groupies.

Oh I know that ZIA - however after the 501st picture last year there was a whole bunch of folks who had other pics done. Some were garrison pics - some were detachment pics. Some were pics of non-501st costumes like the custom Fetts. I just made the suggestion because there will likely be several of us in one place anyway waiting to start the parade.....and there was a lot of time to wait along with it being a nice-ish place for a group photo whether you're in your Zam, some other costume, or just street clothes. Just throwing out a suggestion, that's all.

not sure what Jamie is going to want to do or how often she is going to get into her zam gear...but a group photo would be cool...either way im sure a Darth Maul and a zam may show up at TDH booth to say howdy to maulmaus;)

I wanna go to DCon so bad! I live, like, 30 minutes away!

But, unless some miracle happens and a helmet and gauntlets magically fall into my lap, along with a wedding planner, I dunno if I can do it!

Besides, I would be the shortest Zam there! (At 5'0") Not too screen acurate, but, meh... :)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back