Build help and Shoulder Armor suggestions

Pipes

New Hunter
I’ve scrolled through the build posts and saw some references to ways people have successfully attached the shoulder bells, but I haven’t seen too many descriptions and photos of the attachments. I’m struggling with ideas given that they’re a little heavier and hang differently than Boba or Jango armor. If anyone wants to share their tips on what worked for them, I’d really appreciate it. This is where I’m at…. I’m waiting for the flight suit, and eventually will upgrade the helmet but would like to being working on the armor attachments. The chest is held on with magnets. I saw that in firstcoastfett’s build thread. Thanks!

Attachments

• 9859FC01-931C-43C8-BCA3-4892CCCC8DAD.jpeg
    9859FC01-931C-43C8-BCA3-4892CCCC8DAD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 627
I would look at the way people attache the Boba Fett shoulder bells. Most people use clutch pins glued to the inside of the shoulder bell and then secure them through the sleeve of the glightsuit with clutch pin backs. Both of which can easily be had on amazon. I was going to use some parachute clips that would clip into some lengths of nylon webbing sewn into the sleeves but then I remembered I didn't have to reinvent the wheel and I could just use the same method that I used on Boba!

I have two snaps under the black shoulder straps that run a 2 inch elastic strip. Glued fuzzy velcro (facing up) to the end of the elastic. Maybe 4 inches total.

I found cheap ($5) foam knee pads from Walmart and glued those inside the shoulder.
I glued hook side velcro to the inside center of the shoulder, on top of the foam. I affixed the shoulder to the elastic piece. Adjusted as needed so it sits right on my shoulder and can leave the elastic on the shoulder.

I glued velcro to the bottom of the foam pad and corresponding placement on the sleeve.

Just like a stormtrooper shoulder, the shoulder gets snapped to the vest, and with help a person pushes down gently so the shoulder sticks to the sleeve.

I have two snaps under the black shoulder straps that run a 2 inch elastic strip. Glued fuzzy velcro (facing up) to the end of the elastic. Maybe 4 inches total.

I found cheap ($5) foam knee pads from Walmart and glued those inside the shoulder.
I glued hook side velcro to the inside center of the shoulder, on top of the foam. I affixed the shoulder to the elastic piece. Adjusted as needed so it sits right on my shoulder and can leave the elastic on the shoulder.

I glued velcro to the bottom of the foam pad and corresponding placement on the sleeve.

Just like a stormtrooper shoulder, the shoulder gets snapped to the vest, and with help a person pushes down gently so the shoulder sticks to the sleeve.
Would you happen to have any pics that show the straps that you’re describing? I read somewhere that in the show, they ran some straps to the shoulder that were attached to the vest piece. Is that what you did? Also, curious as to why you didn’t do magnets on the shoulders? Worked on the chest but not so much for the shoulders? Thanks man! I’m about to do this work on my build - picked up the knee pads you mentioned

I opted out on magnets for the shoulders only because my arms have way more movement, more likely to come off. The velcro and elastic are a good combo (for me). The chest stays in place, the ab piece is attached to 3 pieces of elastic (middle and sides) allowing for a little flex when walking n stuff

Sorry I don't have pics of the setup. I found the center of the vest and put the two snaps in place (pointing down, from the underside of the vest). The elastic runs perpendicular from the vest. If I get time I'll take a pic and upload it here

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back