Bo Katan Bo Katan Helmet Build

Thanks guys! Just a quick update:

After reading a couple comments about long-term strength of RF stalks I decided to research adding a solid insert into my stalks. From what I've seen, the stalks tend to droop or bend over time so I wanted to ensure that I didn't have any problems with mine.

Here is what I came up with:
rod1_zpsb0f06f50.jpg

...and here it is with the weld ground down to retain a lower profile inside the stalk:
rod2_zps8b0ace80.jpg

These are a little wonky since I was just playing around with materials and shapes but the next few are straight and much cleaner. After casting a couple into a shore D, 65 resin, I did some strength tests. The results were quite amazing. I'm pretty sure a 20lb dumbbell could be stuck on the end of this will no problems. Very strong and not much weight added at all. And since my RF ends are only about 32grams, I'm thinking there won't be any drooping problems for the long haul. :)

Cheers! :)

The cardstock template of the face of the bucket have you posted it anywhere? I am building the bucket for my wife and I would love to have that template.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post up a quick note to apologize for my lack of responses to any and all that have contacted me through TDH pm's, email of FB looking for a helmet. Also wanted to mention that I retired the Night Owl mold to work on a v2 mainly bc I've been a little unhappy with some minor aspects of it. That being said, I did roll one recently for a friend using the v1 mold and he used that to mod into a Sabine for Celebration.

I have been considering reworking a cast of the v1 into a Sabine instead of a v2 Night Owl to do a run of them. Is anyone making a Sabine? Is there interest in Sabine buckets or has someone covered that. I have no shortage of projects so it's not like I'm bored and I can't really say I ever "made" money off making the Night Owls but I love helping folks out so I was just wondering what level of need is currently out there.

Thanks! :)
d

View attachment 94731
Everything is very cool. But why did you remove the threshold on Its forehead?
It was correct.

That ridge isn't accurate. Paint gives the look of a ridge there, but there isn't a hard break there. There is a "crease" line all the way around. Look closer at the LFL files and you'll see it.

Here's mine with screen-accurate weathering:

IMAG0848_zpsp1tyujq2.jpg

Initially, this line should be.

Then the animators just began to simplify the detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initially, this line should be.

Then the animators just began to simplify the detail.

I'm not sure I'm tracking you, but what we think *should* be there is irrelevant. It isn't there on-screen, and therefore would be inaccurate to the build.

You could certainly do an "idealized" version, but it wouldn't be eligible for 501st approval or MM canon approval

Last edited by a moderator:
Why a helmet with a "crease" line cannot be approval in 501 and MM? In the CRL 501, I dont see this moment.

bokatan1_1024.jpg

I see on picture the "crease" line.
Has pictures without this line.
What is an accepted Canon?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back