Black series Boba helmet accuracy

commandantbrice

Active Hunter
Hi,
I got the awesome boba black series helmet and I know of some of the inaccuracies.

I want to start building an armor with sintra, but I am wondering if I should match it with the color of the helmet and if that'd look right and how different it'd look from the screen accurate ESB.

I also want to know if anyone knows of mods I can do on the helmet to make it approvable and accurate enough or if I should just get another one.

Thank you!

Hi commandantbrice ,

Cool that you are getting into the hobby! The Black Series Boba helmet is an interesting piece and I am frankly glad that there is an inexpensive bucket out there. With regards to what can be done with it, the answer is not simple.

It all will depend on your personal goals. If you are looking for a nice costume to wear at your own liking, or for building a statue for your living room, then all you need to worry about is your own taste.

If that is your goal, or you are just in it for the fun of attempting it, then modifying the BS (Black Series) helmet can be cool. There are 2 recent threads active here, where the BS was converted:

For the future, I recommend looking through the forum before creating a thread, as a lot of the questions one would have are almost definately already covered.

In those threads you can see what can be done with the BS. However, keep in mind that those were projects that the owners just wanted to do. Especially the first of the two is a pretty extensive rebuild that approaches the monetary cost of some of the fiberglass helmet kits around. And those would arguably give you a much more accurate end result.
That said, with those you would also have the need to paint. I myself have never attempted to paint a Boba so I cannont judge the ease of this part.

If you are looking for a screen accurate costume, however, be aware, that the BS is not going to cut it. That also goes for the 501st if that is your plan.

Cheers

Yes I am looking to make and paint a screen accurate armor, I will use everything I can find on this forum for that but I was wondering if it was worth the effort to attempt to "match" it to my BS helmet (the color seem more "tamed" than the ESB Fett) or if I should just do it as close as I can to the accurate helmet I would end up buying if I go this route...
Thank you for your answer!!

Yes I am looking to make and paint a screen accurate armor, I will use everything I can find on this forum for that but I was wondering if it was worth the effort to attempt to "match" it to my BS helmet (the color seem more "tamed" than the ESB Fett) or if I should just do it as close as I can to the accurate helmet I would end up buying if I go this route...
Thank you for your answer!!

I'm currently doing a similar project as yourself. I've just gone with the tutorial colours using mostly Deathproof's colours and the stencils.
Getting the right colours was enough of a chore without trying to match that BS helmet.

Yes it makes the helmet look even more dull and toy like in my opinion, and I've still to apply the last coat/colour. But I'd rather wear this on my head and keep my future £500+ future purchase on "Dave the dummy" in my home. And I'll have spare paint to do my expensive helmet when that day arrives.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back