Armor and Blaster Help

BobasDent1138

Active Hunter
Hey TDH!

Couple of quick questions for you guys:

-For the ESB EE-3 users out there, how do you secure your flashtube inside the barrel? In the past I use a few lines of hot glue, but I'd like a more clean and efficient method if possible

-Also with the blaster, have some of you strengthened your D-bracket? It's a tad flimsy considering my EE3 is heavy and I have a real wood stock. Any help would be great

Now onto the armor...

-Has anyone scratch built armor and added some nice depth on the sides? I figured I'd try my hand at making some pieces ,but don't know how to get that slight edge on the sides or even how to do better looking dents (I was thinking of drilling a hole, then setting a basin underneath, fill with bondo, sculpt it a bit and sand)

Thanks to all for any help!!

-Gav

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Gav,

This is how I did it, but my blaster was scratch built... so may be different depending on what kit you have. I wrapped duct tape around my flash tube (uh uh, drain pipe) until it was snug in the barrel, then I used epoxy to secure it in place. I pulled it back out, slathered it in epoxy and stuck it back in.

My D bracket is wobbly also, I can't really help you there!

As far as armor goes, I'm scratch building mine out of 6 mm Sintra. The thickness looks like real plate and then I route the edges with a 1/8th bearing bit and it makes it have a nice curve on the sides. I think it looks pretty good. It's thick enough that you can dent it and make it look pretty cool. To my way of thinking, 3 mm is too thin.

Main

For the ESB EE-3 users out there, how do you secure your flashtube inside the barrel? -- DevCon and LiquidNails

-Also with the blaster, have some of you strengthened your D-bracket?
--Made one from MDF. Then, I did another with marine grade plywood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gav,

This is how I did it, but my blaster was scratch built... so may be different depending on what kit you have. I wrapped duct tape around my flash tube (uh uh, drain pipe) until it was snug in the barrel, then I used epoxy to secure it in place. I pulled it back out, slathered it in epoxy and stuck it back in.

My D bracket is wobbly also, I can't really help you there!

As far as armor goes, I'm scratch building mine out of 6 mm Sintra. The thickness looks like real plate and then I route the edges with a 1/8th bearing bit and it makes it have a nice curve on the sides. I think it looks pretty good. It's thick enough that you can dent it and make it look pretty cool. To my way of thinking, 3 mm is too thin.

Main
Wow, 6mm! Interesting, I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks for the duct tape suggestion btw!

For the ESB EE-3 users out there, how do you secure your flashtube inside the barrel? -- DevCon and LiquidNails

-Also with the blaster, have some of you strengthened your D-bracket?
--Made one from MDF. Then, I did another with marine grade plywood.
The MDF is stronger than the resin ones? Would've never guessed.... does it have that same hook on the top that kind of grabs the other side of the grip? I wish I had a picture of what I mean, sorry haha thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The MDF is stronger than the resin ones? Would've never guessed.... does it have that same hook on the top that kind of grabs the other side of the grip? I wish I had a picture of what I mean, sorry haha thanks :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A [/QUOTE

Lol, I know what you mean! My D brackt is like 3 layers of thick kydex glued together and the little block thing is MDF! I just superglued it on, first time I bump into someone my whole gun will fall apart, but I'll get some pics with it in full costume beforehand!

Here is my 3 mm pvc ( sintra ) 6 mm would to much! The real stuff is only 3 to 4 mm from the gallery, sorry to say but don't go the 6 mm its to boontha ( crazy ) may be 4 mm at max still easy to heat and bend hope this might helps? And for the dents find objects that may useful like a volcano lamp top cone.

20160405_211008.jpg

20160405_210958.jpg

20160405_210943.jpg

Here is my 3 mm pvc ( sintra ) 6 mm would to much! The real stuff is only 3 to 4 mm from the gallery, sorry to say but don't go the 6 mm its to boontha ( crazy ) may be 4 mm at max still easy to heat and bend hope this might helps? And for the dents find objects that may useful like a volcano lamp top cone.

I guess I'll just be better protected when trying to get the hard bounties! Lol

Thanks for the pic! Great job on that, looks very much like RKDs! I have 3mm, so maybe I'll give it a shot! You used WOFs templates?

thanks fella's, sorry for the late response, the chest plates are based on FP v3 but modified and ab plate is from screen shots, the chest still some more refining and the ab still needs more work,,may be this weekend? I am trying to copy the vac form look in the screen shots. With the dry season coming in might get some painting in too.
cheers
Rob

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back