New Member!

toofastrobot

Active Hunter
Hey everyone, my name is Alex and I'm a stormtrooper!
I'm normally hanging around on the FISD.

A little about myself:

I'm 19, I live in Niles, IL a suburb of Chicago, but I also reside in Michigan (land of the BORING! :p) I've been into Star Wars ever since I can remember.

I recently realized that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to do a Boba costume, so I here I am. I don't know the differences between the armor, but I'm leaning ROTJ. (Odd right? I don't know the differences but I have a preference...) Whichever is easier lol.

Also, what are the chances of selling my stormtrooper armor to get a few bits of Boba armor? I doubt it'd be a full trade (I don't think anyone would want to unless they had multiple sets, but hey, worth a shot!) but I figure I could get a majority of the pieces!

Nice to meet you all and I hope to get to know everyone better.

Just wanna drop a shoutout to Heatshock and TK-1287 and anyone else I know.

Hey there! Welcome to the Fett family! You came to the right place! You'll soon learn the differences between the diff versions of Boba (and probably go "DUH... how did I not notice that?!" when you are done). I will say tho that Boba is probably a significantly more expensive costume to put together than a TK. How tall are you? :) Random I know but I am just curious. Any pics of your TK?

El1te

I hope to become an expert in the art that is Boba!
I've looked through a bunch of threads already (and commented on a few) and boy, does it look like a daunting task...

I'm around 5'10'' I think. 122lbs or so.

My TK isn't complete yet. But I'll definitely post pics up, and pics of it in the progress section.

Thanks for the welcome!

You'll probably spend at least $2K to put together a respectable boba fett, that could be 501st approved let's say.

The $450-1K you'd spend on a TK obviously could boost you a good ways there...but never all the way...unless you had a really nice full set up.

What kind of TK armor do you have? Fx? do you have a blaster? what kind of bucket...

I'm sure you could get some really nice pieces out there.

My advice...it's worthless to get together a quick costume. Don't buy anything just because you don't have one...make sure most of the stuff you'd buy is something you'd keep. With the economy the way it is right now....it'd probably be in your best interest to not switch parts every few months.

Do your research...figure out what you want...never feel dumb for asking a question (as long as you used the search function first)

There is a thread around here, i believe it's stickied, that tells you how much you'd expect to spend on any given part.

It's ok to make things yourself...or buy a faux leather belt over a leather belt etc...but Boba is one of those things that if you're not going to do it right..don't.

Other than that good luck and have fun here

The armor I have is one of the High Gloss HIPS kits. It was a recast (I know I know...) It's of great quality though. Sharp details and everything. I have 2 Helmets, 1 is a kit and one is Finished, which I'd sell for more Boba pieces. The blaster is a Hasbro Conversion. I'd probably (for a whole suit of TK armor) like to get maybe a finished/painted Helmet, jet pack and gauntlets and possibly the boots too.

I plan on taking things pretty slowly and getting everything perfect.

I have a feeling I'll be spending alot of time nailing down the differences between suits and then deciding one, which will be tough because I'm so indecisive!
I'm sure this will be one sweet ride...

Thanks for the welcomes and I'll definitely tell Daetrin and Terrell you said hello.

hey alex - nice to see you over here too mate
just a quick warning though - if you thought TK was expensive; watch out for a 501 Boba!

lots of 501ers here, but these boards are a little more open than a 501 board, as not every1 is goign for 501 status.

feel free to drop me a line if you need mate

Sell your TK stuff and buy all new fett parts. There are millions of painting tutorials around here so you'll save a grip load of money buying raw parts rather than trying to buy already finished ones

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back