Hello...

aramis

New Hunter
Hi everyone, I'm glad to be a part of the forum and actually start building my ROTJ Boba Fett. I've received my armor and other major soft parts from BM, and am beginning to gather the other detail items while I do more reading and research. I'm hoping to buy the right stuff the first time, but I'm sure I'll have some questions as I go...I need to do a lot more reading first, though. (Unless someone knows a source for high quality size 9.5 wide boots though, I'll take that info!)

I'm hoping that I can actually psych myself up to start painting at some point, as I'd love to be able to do that part myself. I love the detail work, but holy moly that helmet is intimidating.

-Tom in Rochester, NY

For the boots I would recommend Man o War. He's on here and on ebay. I don't think he has any currently available in your size though but it's worth asking.

Welcome to the forum brother. Sadly man of war has disappeared recently. Hasn't responded to my latest emails and doesn't have our size 9-9.5. Also worth noting that man of war is one of the only options for shoes so this poses a real problem for the community currently.

Sent from my iPhone

His eBay storefront shows white supertrooper boots in stock in various sizes. Just paint and weather them as needed, in the days or old this was how they came I believe. If it's in his storefront it usualy ships very quickly, just got a blanket from him a few weeks ago, his shipping department is working just fine.

Being a vendor is not a easy task, things like having large batches of boots made takes quite a bit of lead time and significant out of pocket costs. He has been around a long time I have no doubt he will get more pre-colored ones in the future, but if your in a hurry get the white ones.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'll keep an eye on the MOW boots...I sent him a note through his website last week but haven't heard back. Definitely glad to hear that the white ones could work though.

Thanks again!

I ordered a pair of the white ones 2 weeks ago and received them within a week, already painted them and weathered them also just make sure you get a good acrylic textile paint for the elastic if you go this route, it actually soaks in really good and flexes with the elastic.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back