Hello from PA!

Boba Fret

Hunter
Hey everyone. My name is Scot, I’m from a small town about an hour outside of Philly. I’m a long time lurker and never would have imagined I’d be posting this today. I’ve always admired y’all for your attention to detail and being able to pull off these amazing Boba kits. I’ve always wished I could be crafty and artsy and build my own kit, but I didn’t have the time or money for that. I’m working three jobs at the moment, and have three small kids, so time is a valuable commodity. I never thought I’d be able to be Boba, until faithful visits to the Cargo Hold here yielded a too-good-to-be-true result. Someone who was my heigh, weight and shoe size was unloading a full kit, minus helmet for a very reasonable price. I already had an EFX bucket, so I took the plunge on this used Bobamaker V3 kit. It is astounding. I’m so happy I did this and I’m looking forward to cracking open Pandora’s box even further. I plan to modify my EFX bucket to be accurate to ROTJ SE, and get rid of all those pesky gaps. But for now it’ll do just fine. I’m not quite ready to troop yet, so not looking for approval right now, just doing it for fun and maybe even for display. Then when the kids are older I plan on going out to troop. Here are a couple shots of the kit. The EFX definitely looks good with it. I can’t wait to fix a couple of the known issues and get it looking even better.

8C2073DE-BB75-4BE2-BDA0-37119848C73B.jpeg

AC10FD79-9785-4CB2-8D45-7D58B517C84A.jpeg

D78F440E-6423-4545-970C-E061D5504B4E.jpeg

BA948CC7-6A41-4AEA-B0EE-6973F4585F9F.jpeg

31D835A0-2926-4962-9267-BFCAC8480720.jpeg

stleon2
Great to meet you and welcome. That is a great find of a kit you got yourself. Lucky for sure!
:cool: (y)
...and Boba Maker - great set of armor coming from Daz. I'm a ROTJ Hero variant myself and I have a full armor set from Daz as well! I've been through the paces and have worked pretty hard to get to where I got mine. As you know this hobby ain't cheap. And I'm also upgrading it to be that much better. My wife thinks I'm absolutely nuts for spending close to $5300 on this so far. I'm also doing up a Boushh cosplay for my daughter (11 Years old) and got about $2200 into that one.

Anywho, there are some really great peeps on here that can offer advice if you have questions.

Best,
-Iron

Looking awesome! I'm just outside of Pittsburgh so nice to see another Fett fan in PA! Suit is looking amazing. Can't wait to see how you take it to the next level!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back