Sideshow Premium Format ESB Boba Fett

That's good to hear they're doing that........

I'll get some pics of mine up next week, already thinking of the mods I'll be doing to it.....

yeah that pretty much kept me from sending it back. the horizontal feather, as well as the huge fingerprint on the collar armor are pretty much a loss i think.

first up for me is definitely re-orienting the braids and weathering the flight suit. re-glue the right gauntlet, paint the two LEDs on the range finder (idk why but it bugs me that Alex painted them and SS decided to cut that tiny corner) and then figure out how to fix that damn Mythosaur skull.

Sent from my R2 unit

I never realized how big these things were...

Banana, for scale of course...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458334029.709311.jpg

Sent from my R2 unit

Dang. that thing is humongous. i was about to get it, but i opted for the Hot Toys quarter scale ROTJ Fett. Hopefully it's somewhat more accurate than this version...

The Hot Toys quarter scale is really nice but not perfect. The overall construction is more accurate with all the armor pieces being the right proportions (compared to the Sideshow 1/4 scale with its funky gauntlets). But the paint app, while beautiful and super detailed, isn't really accurate. In fact, SuperJedi did an awesome repaint of it and posted it on Facebook. He used a more accurate color scheme and replicated the correct damage on the armor.

Also, for those who pay attention to the subtle details, it still has the wrong chest symbol like virtually every other Boba Fett. And I find the blaster is REALLY big, too. The only other criticism of the figure I have is that for a "figure", its range of motion is pretty limited. I can't get it to pose like the publicity shots. Mine is just standing on the base with the blaster at its side.

But don't get me wrong: it's gorgeous and I love it and of the three 1/4 scale Fett's that have been released, it is by far the most accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
well Sideshow Support responded to my request for a replacement helmet and options regarding the large thumb print on the collar armor piece. kinda made me throw up in my mouth a little...

"Thanks for sending over the picture, the silver marks on the helmet, including the x are an intentional part of the design and will be on every piece.

Additionally, regarding the collar, there will be variations on every costume, if you look at it close enough, please know this mark looks to be normal and will not be visible when the piece is fully assembled."

Unacceptable.

Sent from my R2 unit

How can they say the x is intentional when there is obviously proof in this thread as otherwise? It's like they don't even look at the pieces they send out. As for the response to the fingerprint I don't even know what to say. It's absurd that something that costs more than most jetpack kits is of this quality being followed by this kind of service.

Jeremy,
Man, that's just unsat. :angry I say we nuke Sideshow from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

. . . But the paint app, while beautiful and super detailed, isn't really accurate. In fact, I think it was Art Andrews who did an awesome repaint of it and posted it on Facebook. He used a more accurate color scheme and replicated the correct damage on the armor. . .

Art may have done a repaint, but I definitely did. :) The thread is here:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/hot-toys-1-4-scale-fett-repaint-53969/

Well it's is a catch 22 here! Sideshows version is good but hot toys is more value more details, the ESB version the gauntlets seem huge, not as good detail, the girth belt under the cod piece, and the ammo belt looks like crap, obviously the turn signals,the straps to the pack, the top cones on the pack, and the other things of course. What the faruka are Sideshow doing!?!?!? But was lucky to get a exclusive numbered 50/1250 for just less than what the circus was selling them. And Eric the ROTJ lid you did looks awesome compared to standard, now that bugs me with mine!

20160330_214237.jpg

20160330_214131.jpg

awesome stuff!

thanks for the breakdown wasteland.

anyone try painting to complete the horns of the mythosaur to get it at least feeling more ESB? I'd like to do it myself and I'm wondering what color tamiya to use

cheers brother

Unfortunately on mine I have a TERRIBLE error. An incomplete cat scratch. I'm reaching out to sideshow to see if they'll do anything, sucks so bad because it's so noticeable. That iconic cat scratch is what completes his look.... so... yeah, disappointing heartbreak to a beautiful work of art in many ways more than one.

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back