Sideshow Premium Format ESB Boba Fett

The shoulder logo is definitely ROTJ and not ESB:

Skulls.jpg

Also the 2 dental files in the keyhole and the Anti-security blade with the red stripe are not part of the ESB suit.

welp, here he is, in all his glory.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455866621.176234.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455866639.552217.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455866647.439609.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455866659.545569.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455866668.866943.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455866678.738710.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455866690.811437.jpg

Tomorrow i'll post some of the all but disappeared, photos of Alex's prototype for some comparing and a final review of the product.

Sent from my R2 unit

The shoulder logo is definitely ROTJ and not ESB:

View attachment 96654

Also the 2 dental files in the keyhole and the Anti-security blade with the red stripe are not part of the ESB suit.

sorry brother, i was totally being facetious about the skulls. in fact, it's really in part because of you that i know every single detail regarding the ESB armor! and in my final review tomorrow (USA time), i'm going to make a bit of a speculation as to why there is so much of an ROTJ presence on this "down to the last detail" Sideshow ESB Boba Fett.

Sent from my R2 unit

Last edited by a moderator:
one last post tonight... another ESB accuracy fail that i almost missed, forcing me to take back what i said about the base being semi-awesome....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455869652.099514.jpg
that's a pretty huge representative of ROTJ, even if it goes unseen 100% of the time the statue is displayed.

Sent from my R2 unit

I don't get how so many screw ups can get the ok for a supposed all ESB statue. If I wasn't such a fett nerd, it would be a sweet piece, but since so many of us here know so much about the differences between the different fetts, I would go crazy knowing they didn't get it right.
The same thing happened to the SS Han in carbonite premium format they did. The prototype looked awesome, but when I got it, the neck looked too long and it drove me nuts. I ended up trading it to fett4real for an armor paint job, and the post office lost the statue.

I don't get how so many screw ups can get the ok for a supposed all ESB statue. If I wasn't such a fett nerd, it would be a sweet piece, but since so many of us here know so much about the differences between the different fetts, I would go crazy knowing they didn't get it right.

That's exactly my point. And the fact that Sideshow boasts that their artists captured every detail, down to the last detail, is appalling given the end result. Alex had it right, perfect, then SS gave the paintbrush to a 5 year old for production.

I am done with sideshow. They reel us in with awesome prototype pics, then deliver crap. The premium format Dr Doom I have will more than likely be my last sideshow purchase.

I am done with sideshow. They reel us in with awesome prototype pics, then deliver crap. The premium format Dr Doom I have will more than likely be my last sideshow purchase.

Ditto.

I dont know where they went wrong. My Mythos Fett is exceptional, amazing craftsmanship, highly detailed and skillfully painted. granted, there isnt any reference pictures of that Boba but im sure if there were, the statue would be accurate. I also have the Scum and Villainy 1/6 scale ESB Boba Fett from 3-4 years ago. This piece captures every single ESB detail to the point that you could literally base a full ESB build off of it (to a certain extent). the details are accurate and in the place they should be, hell, they even painted the top rangefinder LEDs and the chest display! everything about that piece is awesome from the weathered flight suit to the scotty dog on the bucket. oh, and the left shoulder bell which displays the correct skull.

is there no one in quality control at Sideshow that says, "WHOA GUYS, this is totally not what was originally submitted"? or do they just think they can sucker punch fans into taking what is given because the majority of collecters can barely tell Boba Fett from Jango?

just so everyone can see what the actual fuss is about, here are the prototype pictures that were posted on the Sideshow Collectibles website for the first 12 months of taking payments from October of 2014 - October of 2015.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905557.585655.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905567.375352.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905582.432824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905591.854087.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905602.406907.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905612.865178.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905625.087077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905637.077054.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905647.115264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905658.787975.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905669.826994.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905681.032845.jpg

and finally the production piece on display...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455905703.493903.jpg

as you can see..
-correct Mythosaur
-correct ESB shin tools
-correct orientation of the wookie braids
-weathered cape
-NO SILVER X ON THE HELMET
-NO dental files in the key slots
-flight suit weathering
-accurate armor damage details
-range finder LEDs painted red
-proper orientation of Jaster's feather
-tighter fitting flight suit giving Boba a much leaner appearance, adding to the pose of the figure
-no frayed out girth belt

so i just came across a review and was able to capture a shot of the killstripes on the helmet where that awesome silver X is and what do you know... NO silver X on this chaps Boba! it isnt the prettiest silver weathering ever but it certainly does not look like a 5 year old added the detail.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455906004.697380.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455906012.198958.jpg

I'm not getting the links to come up....

me neither. This is a real shame, its pretty disgusting that they can make these many errors especially on their "Premium" range! you'd expect this on the low end Hasbro action figures but not something costing nearly $500

WOW...you're not kidding that it's completely different. What a shame about the paint too. An x? A blatant x? And the mythosaur decal, how hard can that be? If the statue was between $150-250, like the prices of their 1/6 scale Fett, then it'd be worth it just to have a decent Boba on a sick stand in a cool pose. But close to $500?? No way..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

I've been shaky on this piece since the beginning. I always felt the sculpt was off. I had noticed the freakishly large turn signals on the helmet last year. Maybe it's just the pictures, but I feel like the cod piece's shape is off, too. Like, it's too angular. What blows my mind is how some of the details have regressed from the original premium format figure from like, 2006. For instance, the darts on his right gauntlet appear to be molded into the plastic as opposed to individually set darts as they were on the original figure. Also, when you compare this piece to the recent Hot Toys 1/4 scale, good grief, they aren't even in the same class... First off, there isn't that much of a price difference ($30 whooping bucks...) but their attention to detail and craftsmanship far surpasses Sideshow's.

I've heard Sideshow wants to focus more on their own IPs (such as Court of the Dead), so I think licensed products like this are a way to just make some quick cash from an existing fan base. With any luck, they'll lose the Star Wars license soon to someone who actually wants to produce high quality pieces.

*Sigh* Like I mentioned bud, something always seems to happen between the proto (which Alex did a fantastic job on!) and production.
I had the MR Fett helmet on pre-order for months until I saw a production piece with that visor pinch. . . :(

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back