Possible lead to a found part

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
So as far as I know the jetpack beacon has never been identified. I was looking at microphones the other day and saw this picture (see below). Now whilst it is clearly not the beacon, the tip of microphone kinda has that look to it and I found myself wondering if the beacon was a type of microphone. May be worth investigating

manymics.jpg

I think this has been suggested, discussed, and researched quite a bit before but with no clear candidate identified from the options. Another suggestion was some kind of plumbing or aquarium filter.

If i recall correctly, it was discovered that it was likely a reproduction of a prototype Dental tool. HVE Valve. Pretty sure i have a picture here somewhere... i'll see if i can find it

Im pretty sure the rangefinder itself was just fabricated, aside from the square" lens" on the ESB version, which is a view finder lens from a polaroid SX-70 land camera. i know the clear "block" part was cut from perspex...but if any more knowledgeable folks know otherwise, please chime in!

Im pretty sure the rangefinder itself was just fabricated, aside from the square" lens" on the ESB version, which is a view finder lens from a polaroid SX-70 land camera. i know the clear "block" part was cut from perspex...but if any more knowledgeable folks know otherwise, please chime in!

My understanding is that this is pretty much spot on. The rangefinder top was fabricated from styrene or similar with a hand cut perspex block and lens from the SX70. It's a bit of a wrench to tear that camera apart for one tiny part. Worth it though.

My understanding is that this is pretty much spot on. The rangefinder top was fabricated from styrene or similar with a hand cut perspex block and lens from the SX70. It's a bit of a wrench to tear that camera apart for one tiny part. Worth it though.

Haha yea...i managed to find a broken not working camera that the lens was still good for like $25. I tried to get it out without ruining the intergrity of the camera, but i couldnt get it off without breaking something lol. I know it can be done, but after a few minutes i was like screw it since it was a non working camera anyway LOL

Yeah, you've pretty much got to destroy the camera to get it out but I'm kind of all in with these parts so I don't really care and they're not rare yet so not a difficult decision. $25 was a steal!

yea for sure. Yea i was pretty happy i found one so cheap! i went to get a second one more recently but they were $60 and up, so i opted out lol. I want to have a display helmet with the found parts on it, as my current lens i use to cast for my helmet kits ... but eh maybe some other time lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back