Hello from the PNW

Gregory

Active Hunter
I've just joined after deciding to use some of the great patterns available here from other members to make my Boba Fett costume.

It's a bit of a tribute to the costume I made when I was 12 in 1980, cardboard and other "good enough" details. Much of the armor is done, the helmet is a work in progress, and I have cloth for the jumpsuit and some grey dye. I couldn't find any cloth of the right color at my local fabric store.

I can say I'd be a fair bit further behind without the patterns and other tips available here. The amount of detail and information folks have gathered over the years is stunning.

My costume is mostly ESB in detail, with some personal flourishes like my cape might end up being a simple dark brown leopard pattern car blanket I have. I'm using mostly illustration board and foam core to build my armor/helmet, and right now the helmet dome is paper maché but I'm not happy with how rough it is.

I'll post pics of my progress when I get some images moved to my laptop.

Special thanks to the folks on TDH fb page for their registration assistance!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back