General HOW TO MAKE STENCILs

emme3

Active Hunter
hello guys is there someone who can tell me how paint stencils ? like the chest or shoulder emblem , because i'm not so good and i need some help, thank you

hello guys is there someone who can tell me how paint stencils ? like the chest or shoulder emblem , because i'm not so good and i need some help, thank you

For those I would just go with decals. BobaMaker makes a great set that comes either weathered or unweathered.

bobamaker: Decals

I'm pretty sure there are other decal makers around too, but it would be much easier and movie accurate than to attempt to paint them on.

I have used Grafix Frisket Film which is a clear adhesive backed masking film that has a paper backing that peels off. It is very low tack so doesn't disturb the paint. I have gotten this at Hobby Lobby. But here is a link from online.

Grafix All-Purpose Frisket Film - BLICK art materials

You can print on the paper side which you peel off so will have to invert the image.

Then you will have to take a sharp Exacto knife & carefully cut out following the lines of the areas you want to paint. You will have to make different stencils & cut outs for different colors. This allows you to paint the colors in layers.

This works well for spray/airbrush painting.

Here are some examples of ones I have done.

BF_JK_Painted_Emblems.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back