I want to make a vest for ROTJ, but I can't find a clear pattern.

Hokafett

New Hunter
お会いできて嬉しいです。日本でROTJのためにボバ・フェットを作っています。今、ベストを買いたいのですが、日本で作ってくれる人が見つからず、海外から買おうとすると予算オーバーしてしまいます。なので、自分で作ってみたいと思います。しかし、わかりやすい型紙や作り方がなくて困っています。どなたかやり方教えていただけるとありがたいです。前もって感謝します。
DeepLで翻訳しました https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation

What I did was found a pattern for a t-shirt online and altered it to my needs. Needs to open in the back and have the short quilted sleeves. Beware of the arm hole on your t shirt pattern, they often make it too big so shrink it down so just your arm will fit through. I also left the bottom a little long until I was able to figure out how short it needed to be as it should only continue about a 1/2 inch after your bottom plate. You'll also want to put some batting in it to give your vest some thickness, I have batting between two layers of fabric through my whole vest, gives it a nice padded look. Also, start with white or off-white fabric, it will save you time getting anything grey to lighten up to the ROTJ color. Hope that helps some, good luck!

Edit: One more thing, this takes a lot of patience and adjustments to get it right and to fit you correctly. Remember, always give yourself more fabric than you think you'll need; you can always take it away, you can't add it.

Last edited:
丁寧に返信してくれてありがとうございます!
袖は完全に自分で考えて作ったのですか?

丁寧に返信してくれてありがとうございます!
袖は完全に自分で考えて作ったのですか?
Yes, the sleeves I had to make an educated guess about after staring at pictures for hours. I think I still have my patterns, let me go find them for you.

Can't find the pattern, but my sleeves are about 4.5 inches or 114mm by 10 inches or 250mm. Not sure if that is entirely accurate but it looks right on my vest.

ありがとうございます!
Tシャツの型紙から作る発想は全く無かったので、とても参考になります! あなたはどんな生地を使いましたか?
な他の人のを見てみたらタックルツイル生地を使っていると書いてあり人によってバラバラなので難しいです。

ありがとうございます!
Tシャツの型紙から作る発想は全く無かったので、とても参考になります! あなたはどんな生地を使いましたか?
な他の人のを見てみたらタックルツイル生地を使っていると書いてあり人によってバラバラなので難しいです。
Tackle twill is what they used in the movies for the vest, it's also kind of shiny. I used cotton as it was difficult for me to find tackle twill outside of sourcing from the internet.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back