Some gauntlet help please?

Grul666

New Hunter
Hello everybody,
My name is Grue and I just purchased the boba fett suit from Randy, now I've gotta make his more screen accurate than it was, so first I started with the whole jumpsuit, I had to get it taken in a bit, luckily, I'm from east LA and there are tailors everywhere, and the flack vest I took in myself as well as making the dickie, or collar.. I knew I should have documented my stages, but was too excited to do it... That kinda sucks for a newbie at star wars suiting...
Hey, I will never call what I do "costuming" I will always call it suiting up!
Anyways, since his gauntlets lack the other 2 hoses, oh I might add I bought the rotj version, I had to make my own, my first stop was at home depot for some brass fittings, got them painted them silver then with a dowel I cut on my jig I got the rod, I actually had to shave some of it off so it would fit snugly into the fitting...then I also found a screw long enough but fitted snuggly into the fitting for the housing...
I really should have created a timeframe/recording of how I made it look the way it does, if anyone has any questions / criticisms of my work please post! This is my second build, my first was an AP TK KIMG0050.JPGKIMG0050.JPG...

Couple of points.

Yiour lower tube attachment is not connected correctly. It's to be attached to the upper section. I highlighted the gap in black below for you. Typically this is literally screwed into the top portion depending on the setup.

KIMG0050.JPG

Here's a link to the bigger screenshot that shows this (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=11322)

Boba-Fett-Costume-Returnof-the-Jedi-HD-084.png

The tubes you need are readily available in the plumbing/sink section of home depot. Here is one example of what you need.

20150817_222450.jpg20150817_222459.jpg

Typically you soak the tubes in coffee for a week or so to get the proper "brown" tinge. I would replace the top hose as well so all three hoses matched. The issue you will have is connecting the hose to your metal brackets...that's something only you can figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
crumdum thanks for that been wondering what size to buy ordered mine and will soak them in coffee when i get them

Size depends on the fittings used. I bought this size and the next size smaller (I think it was 1/2 inch outer 3/8 inch inner) because it gave a tight fit with no epoxy needed (just plain old heat). I suggest simply taking the Guantlets into your local hardware store for best size fittings...it's literally what I did and the looks I got were facinating.

Not trying to derail this thread, however, since the matter of gauntlet tubing is brought up, is this tubing the same that you would use for the right ESB gauntlet?

Size would depend on what you use to connect it. I use a 1/4" ID which is either a 1/2" or 3/8" OD.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back