Ahoy ahoy from London

Kromatron

New Hunter
Ahoy tharrr me harties.

Good to finally be here!

Having been staring at my Rubies helmet I modded 15 years ago in my teens I figured it was about time I upped my game (jeez I'm in my 30s now! That was a long time ago) I've since worked as a professional prop maker (first job was about ten years ago with Mr Bulloch himself!) and as sentimental as I am for that old helmet, I wince a little everytime I see it sat on my shelf when I visit my folks.

Now I'm working more and more in art direction and production design in a hands off role I'm itching to get back into making something and Fett seems kinda appropriate to get back to my prop making roots and scratch that itch :)

The obsessive Star Wars detail junky in me is telling me to make a faithful recreation of the TESB helmet... the prop maker part of me is saying how about we take some of those Johnston/McQuarrie concepts and bring them to life and the production designer is telling me damn it Lee create your own paint scheme, design your own Fett!!!

Time permitting I'd do all 3 but I'll probably start with a custom paintscheme, nothing too out there, standard Boba helmet, desert/sandy colours instead. Something I can do when I have a few days down time without too much cleanup. Basically something that'll satisfy the Fett fan and the designer while offering some almost instant gratification without the obsessive research and tracking down of just the right tone paint to match screen Fett and crying into my desk if there's a scratch out of place.

Soooooo in regards to helmet kits as a base, am I right in avoiding ebay? I've had a very quick look and the majority of casts all seem pretty sub par even in the pics. Is there any legit recommended sellers where I can expect a solid piece that won't crack/fall apart under the slightest knock. I'm swaying towards a white resin cast if I can get one as I'm pretty swift with the cleanup of that and I imagine pricepoint is much lower than a fibreglass or cold cast metal finish (though will likely go for the latter for my eventual TESB helmet) Even better is there any members here offering what I'm looking for that will ship to the UK?

Anyhooooo, looking forward to contributing and updating

Cheers dudes

Lee

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back