Hello from Tampa!

Pencap510

New Hunter
Hi all!

I'm a recently approved TK in the FL Garrison, and I'm already starting to scope out my next build. Like all of us having been a lifetime Star Wars fan, I knew that he 501st was my destiny. Figured I'd start with the simpler of my two favorite characters and just nailed my Centurion approval as a TK

Now on to Boba! Looking forward to starting and jumping right in

Any pointers toward threads to get me in the right direction would be very appreciated (like where the build threads are, who the vetted armor makers are, etc) and if there is a 501st section of these forums I'd like to request access

Thanks all!!

Ty

Welcome! You'll pick up a lot of info just by browsing the forums. One of the first things to do is decide which version you want to do (ESB, ROTJ, etc). Stick to makers on these boards and you'll be fine.

The dented helmet is in no way officially affiliated with the 501st.

I'm leaning toward ROTJ- but like most I guess I never knew there was a huge difference. Going back now and looking at color schemes, I see the variations.

The dented helmet is in no way officially affiliated with the 501st.

So is TDH like FISD is to TKs? Do most folks on these boards build so they can join or is this a different animal all together ?

the bounty hunters guild (thebhg.net) is the official 501st detachment. officially TDH is a separate boba fett costuming resource unaffiliated with the legion. it is one of the highest traffic star wars costuming websites, and there aren't many 501st fetts that haven't come from here. basically what i'm saying is, there is no 501st only section of TDH, the only section that is hidden from general membership is for admin. the only restriction is the post count/minimum time needed for full access to the cargo hold (meaning: you have to have been a TDH member for three months and have a minimum of 50 posts i think, to be able to post responses and new threads in the for sale section. not to say that you can't still view and pm sellers for their products before that though)

Question: bout to buy my first helmet to begin my Fett adventure , and see everyone uses air brush for painting. Has anyone ever tried using standard brush techniques?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back