Smallest servo for RF Kit????

Hunter930

Hunter
Gday all, I'm wondering if anyone is using a real small servo (with the muscle to move the RF of course) as Im having difficulty squeezing my pin head into my GMH with the servo facing out (with it's end toward inside and middle of helmet- near my temple) . I figure it may help when my FPH2 RoTJ arrives as its a bigger lid by about an inch (24mm) but in the interim id like to mount by RF kit. OR has anyone managed to mount the servo side ways with some sort of genius to still move the RF.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Happy hunting
H

The 77BB low profile servo is the one I include with my servo kit. It's the thinnest one with enough torque to lift the rf and the stalk.

the 77bb is a great servo. i have one in my cruzer jango helmet, and when i stop being lazy i'm going to install one in my FP MR Proto boba. find yourself a small 2 channel relay switch with a fob to control it. at that point you'll need to start getting creative, because you'll need two battery packs in there to control everything: one 9v to power the relay switch, and one 4xAAA (though a 3xAA might work too) to power the servo. unless you're really handy with wiring, and can give the relay the full 9v and the servo 4.5-6v from one battery pack.

I think the Hitec 77B is the only recreational servo to fit the bill. I use them as well and had to mount mine at almost a 45 degree angle so that my head would fit. I use a tension screw to keep my stalk on the servo arm so no other adjustments were needed (the servo moves the same distance no matter what part of the spline you start on :) ) I would suggest to always use a separate power supply for the servo due to the amperage it pulls (will suck a 9v dry quickly). I use a 9v for my arduino board and a 4xAA for the servo HOWEVER you should wire the negatives on the same loop if you go that route.

Brilliant detail Brutha, a huge help. Im constantly amazed by the genius in the TDH community. And the bottomless desire and effort to share!!!!!

I'm curious as to how the tension screw works. You can run everything with a high mAh 6v rechargeable battery pack. I now it works because I ran a test using one and the servo system ran for over 6 hours on 1 fully charged pack.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back