Jet Pack new image......I need your thoughts

Daft Aider

Hunter
I'm just about to start painting up my new jetpack kit, ready for my ROTJ SE build, this is the last major element to my suit, so I don't want to mess it up

I recently purchased the FANTASTIC new book 'STAR WARS COSTUMES - the original trilogy' which has some amazing photo's in it! I found the section on Boba fett and it has a great photo of a damaged boba fett jetpack based on damage from Han solo's vibro-axe leading to Boba's 'alleged' death ;-)

It showed a great picture of the switch and valves on the inside

IMG_2876.jpg

I had never seen this picture before - and as all of the photo's in the book came from the lucasfilm archives its safe to assume this is accurate, so my question to you guys is.......

Should I base my ROTJ SE setup on this?

Short answer......No.

Look up the CRL discussion on The Bounty Hunters Guild. There is still a lot of things being ironed out but one that is fairly certain is the the damaged pack was used as a necessity for filming but you obviously are not going to troop the damaged pack. So I would not use it for decisions.

I realise my first post reads like I want to do 'damage' set-up I'm not going to put damage on, but my question is more about the greeblies in the photo - the pressure gauge, toggle switches, indicator lights etc, should I be looking the set-up the greeblies in this way? I know once I'm wearing the pack you won't see them but it'd be nice to have right from start ;-)

I did understand the question and it is still no.

The subtlety of that pack is not what the kit is looking for. Same goes for the piano keys on some of the stunt packs. Basically they didn't have the piano keys because they were made of foam. But the actual kit should have them. I would imagine the gauges and such on the bottom of that pack were for the special effects for the sparks and smoke. The CRL is not going to include those because they are for a specific issue in the stunt.

There are sooooo many small things that the SE kits have brought up, and the guys over on BHG have done a good job of sifting through them. I have been surprised at how many variances the SE kits have brought to light.

Now to do the set up with the normal switches and plugs on the bottom is spot on. The reference photos in the gallery show them well. I would set up the pack to those standards and not to the specifics of a stunt pack..

The AOSW/Celebration 4 pack should be your reference for the pack...now they have the same bottoms...so they COULD have the same greebs underneath as well but we don't know...

The AOSW/Celebration 4 pack should be your reference for the pack...now they have the same bottoms...so they COULD have the same greebs underneath as well but we don't know...

Yes, the ROTJ SE has the ROTJ Hero jetpack in the promo shots, and as it was already discussed in this thread, he had the damaged ROTJ jetpack in the additional movie scenes. This is the same jetpack (photo by David Heilman, circa 1980), but was part of the ESB Promo #1 suit, which later (parts of it) became the ROTJ Hero suit (some more info here ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=50920&p=641285&viewfull=1#post641285 - ignore the mistake in my first post, where I said that the MoM, DaG & SWtE jetpack is the ROTJ one):

Boba-Fett-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jetpack-04.jpg

But as you said, Dom, it is possible that they added other greeblies to the bottom slot.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back