General What is ROTJ SE....the Suit Dissected

Fett 4 Real

Sr Hunter
OK so for a while now, I're wanted to go ROTJ SE, as its pretty much the coolest RIGHT??!?!?!

All joking aside everyone loves the ESB helmet...And the ROTJ suit pops! I built my original ROTJ suit just because I wanted to be original cause at the time most people were ROTJ SE, or ESB. But in my heart I wanted more...I wanted that ESB helmet. And like ALOT of people I thought that you just needed to put an ESB helmet onto the ROTJ and you would be good to go. However after MANY years of painting Fetts, and helmets and hanging out with Ponte and Scott Kaufmann...I have learned SOOOOO MUCH! And now Im an accuracy NUT! Ponte and I have sat in voice chat for hours with Kaufmann talking about Fett while playing battlefield and sometimes while painting. We have been working on figuring out where the parts come from as far as what gallery to get the damage references from for the pieces...

Its pretty much general knowledge that the ROTJ SE armor is the Art of Star Wars/C4 Armor...BUT the AOSW and C4 dont have the exact setup! Not sure if you guys caught this but...the right gaunt isnt even the same on the two mannequins. Which leads me to something we saw in the SE Photoshoots! There are two right gaunts used in ROTJ SE PS....there was TWO photoshoots, and they swapped out the gaunts and the right pouch...No idea why.

But anyways...Ill start there with the gaunts as this was crazy as I never noticed it...

This is the C4 gaunt which is also the PP2 gaunt seen on the stand up most people have in their office or home. The most popular image of fett out there i think...

As you can see from the damage under the darts its the same. They didnt use the same hose attachment as it swaps out easily...

10581791_10152235223645025_509618541_o.jpg

Now the other gaunt used was ONLY seen on Don Beis and in the Skiff Scene, no idea where this one went...as its not in any traveling show...maybe youll see it at C7? Who knows.

10588786_10152235253120025_1682046040_n.jpg

Now old LEFTY....he is only seen in the two photoshoots and on Don Beis in the film and pics while filming....The gaunt is VERY RED...and matches the girth...and has a cool feature you can see that people havent replicated yet...

Theres a piece of plastic on the side thats missing in MOM....but there in the film...not on the skiff when hes got Han in the cord but on Don Beis...and that gaunt again isnt in any traveling show either....

10588806_1465835500354917_2016389852_n.jpg
10628546_10154561086810038_6079015889663999749_n.jpg
crop.jpg
10540839_10154561081145038_649072284235446227_n.jpg

Also Brought to you by Fettpride COMING SOON....
Theres a lip around the FT unit that has never been put on replicas...FP will have these on the Anniversary Edition gaunts!

You can also see it in the pic above

IMG_8856.jpgIMG_3306.pngIMG_8855.jpgIMG_8858.jpgIMG_7783.jpgIMG_8854.jpgIMG_8857.jpgIMG_3519.pngIMG_8849.jpg

I plan to update this thread with more info as I can, but this is just the Begining....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice... now i have go through my ROTJ ref pics and see which ones i actually have and separate them....thanks for the extra work Dom! lol Seriously though, great stuff!

Hey Ninja Edit...added something I was holding off on but given permission to put in.

I've actually known about that FT lip..it was posted here somewhere before...i forget by who/where.... I was planning on adding it onto my ROTJ build. If i buy gaunts, i guess the FP ones will save me some trouble. I was hoping i would make most of my ROTJ Fett...but, we'll see if my spuratic lazyness kicks in and i just buy a set lol. None the less, still awesome to see it finally added to a set you'll be able to purchase :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually known about that FT lip..it was posted here somewhere before...i forget by who/where. I was planning on adding it onto my ROTJ build. If i buy gaunts, i guess the FP ones will save me some trouble. I was hoping i would make most of my ROTJ Fett...but, we'll see if my spuratic lazyness kicks in and i just buy a set lol. None the less, still awesome to see it finally added to a set you'll be able to purchase :)

It was posted by me here ==> The Boba Fett Suit Fact Files - Post #49. The lip on the ROTJ SE is a partial lip, as the outer part is missing, but none the less, nice catch F4R.

I will follow this thread closely and add new info if needed. And let's say that the ROTJ SE armor is not the ESB Hero repainted... just some parts, not all.

It was posted by me here ==> The Boba Fett Suit Fact Files - Post #49. The lip on the ROTJ SE is a partial lip, as the outer part is missing, but none the less, nice catch F4R.

I will follow this thread closely and add new info if needed. And let's say that the ROTJ SE armor is not the ESB Hero repainted... just some parts, not all.
Well its a Joe Johnston set of armor...But Ive not gotten to that bit yet...its for sure repainted armor...

And yep Scott Kaufmann told me that it was ID'd before...but the trim at the bottom of the FT inbetween Ive seen no mention of before. Also note the lip is half gone in SE. and you see the detail Im taking about on the side really clear from the front shot.

And Rafal any thoughts info would be welcomed...just have family in town and wont be post tooo much...But Armor will be next up to be talked about.

And Belt...a great thread right here...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/tutorial-ammo-belts-v2-rafalfett-templates-47515/?highlight=belt

tutorial-ammo-belts-v2-rafalfett-templates-rotj-se-belt-description-ref-pics-jpg-69993d1372877595

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back