Wireless servo kit

Easy boy, easy. The kit is going to happen. I just want to get it right and not rush it.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. The board is hopefully going to be 2 inches square.

tumblr_lyqa0uvpFi1rozk7ho1_500.jpg

:)

I will be ordering a small batch of boards tonight. They take about 2 weeks to get. I don't have parts to make kits yet. Once I get the boards I will build 1 kit for testing in my Asok lid. If it goes well I will post a vid and see what the interest is for the kit.
It will come with alco switches and a low profile servo and servo shaft extension. The price is looking like $185 including shipping in the USA. It's a bit more than I wanted to charge, but the alco switches are $20 each and the kit has 2, so the $185 is as cheap as I can go.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and bite me dom lol. The con was awesome and Patrick Stewart is pretty cool and very nice.

BUT there's NO upgrades required here fellas....you don't have to worry about space either low profile servo...small board...you want a servo this is it.

I just ordered a small batch (6) of boards. I should have them in 10-14 days. Once I get them I will assemble one board with the parts I have on hand and see how it works. Then I will try to install it in my asok lid. If everyhting goes according to plan, I will post a video of the installed kit in a couple weeks.
Once I am happy with the finished kit and the installation, I will write up some instructions to help make the install easier. After that is done, then I will see what the interest level is on this and if there is enough I will take a small run or orders.
Since the parts for this are a bit pricey, I may be forced to ask for the money up front, but I really don't want to do that.
Sorry this has taken so long, but I want to make sure that evrything is as good as it can be before I offer it for sale.
There will probably need to be some small amounts of sanding to the helmet ear piece, as well as some inginuety on how to attach the servo to the interior of the helmet since I have't come up with a method for that yet. I will continue to work on the kit to make improvements to it, but I don't think that there are too many things that would need changed to make it a good kit.
I appreciate everyone's patience with this project, and I hope that you guys and gals like it when I do finally show it off.
JC

Just waiting on the boards. Once I get them I will build a kit and see how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should get the test boards tomorrow. Once I have them I will build a mock up and post the results, probably Saturday night or Sunday.

Here is a pic of the first assembled kit. It's 2 inches square (I may be able to shrink it a little more) and runs off of 4AA alkaline or lithium batteries.

- - - Updated - - -

I will post a vid later tonight of it rotating. I will see if I can do a temp install in my spare lid to see how it works.

image.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back