Wireless servo kit

Looks like it's not quite ready. It seems as the pin outs on the board are incorrect. I will do some trouble shooting this weekend. I'm hoping that these boards are ok, but it seems like I will have to redo the cad file to fix the pin outs. This means that it's going to be a while longer before they are ready.

Ok, looks like the boards are good, I just had a bad header pin and it fried the receiver. I swapped it out and it works like a champ. I will see if I can get it installed in the helmet and post a vid.

Here is a vid of the kit installed in my helmet. The servo is not held in place very well so its a little wobbly. Its running off of a 6v nicd pack, but will run off of 4AA alkalines or lithium batteries.
I will need to get more receiver/transmitters and servo and shaft extensions, and figure out how to attach the stalk to the servo. Once that is all done these may be ready for sale.
Let me know what you all think.

The topper is a little loose, that's why it rotates when the stalk moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg
That looks amazing!

I will be ordering a small batch of boards tonight. They take about 2 weeks to get. I don't have parts to make kits yet. Once I get the boards I will build 1 kit for testing in my Asok lid. If it goes well I will post a vid and see what the interest is for the kit.
It will come with alco switches and a low profile servo and servo shaft extension. The price is looking like $185 including shipping in the USA. It's a bit more than I wanted to charge, but the alco switches are $20 each and the kit has 2, so the $185 is as cheap as I can go.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and bite me dom lol. The con was awesome and Patrick Stewart is pretty cool and very nice.

If I already have switches, would you be willing to sell a kit without them for the difference?

Ok. When I figure out the stalk attachment method as well as how to attach the servo to the helmet, I will order parts to build a few kits.

Servo shaft with set screw wont work for you? As far as the attachment every helmet is slightly different...best thing to do is to leave that up to the customer isnt it?

Ok. When I figure out the stalk attachment method as well as how to attach the servo to the helmet, I will order parts to build a few kits.

For me, i epoxied long screws spaced the same as the servo spacing to the helmet. My brother who made a few kits a year ago, used little plastic mounting posts that he glued to his helmet and included them in his kits.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back