RF Help Needed

BobasDent1138

Active Hunter
Hello all!
As some may know I'm working to upgrade/re-finish my ESB Boba. So, with that, I need some RF help. Couple things:

1. What to use to hold my aluminum RF stalk onto my Asok budget. Screw? Bolt? Im totally lost.
2. How to secure the topper to the stalk without destroying one or the other.
3. Any advice for making a RC servo. I tried the Zip Zap tutorial 3 times, to no avail. So, a circuit diagram or specific micro RC car would be helpful.

Any help that can be supplied would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

-Gav

I think most folks use a Bolt with one or more washers to attatch the stalk to the helmet, this is what i plan to do anyway.
As for the rangefinder topper i would imagen a small thread rod could be inserted into the stalk and then secured with a nut from the inside of the topper. (if that made any sense?!?!`)

edit : here's a crude drawing of what i ment

crude.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most folks use a Bolt with one or more washers to attatch the stalk to the helmet, this is what i plan to do anyway.
As for the rangefinder topper i would imagen a small thread rod could be inserted into the stalk and then secured with a nut from the inside of the topper. (if that made any sense?!?!`)

edit : here's a crude drawing of what i ment

View attachment 74855

That's a very helpful diagram! Thanks! Will the bolt into the helmet prevent movement from a servo? That's my only concern

That's a very helpful diagram! Thanks! Will the bolt into the helmet prevent movement from a servo? That's my only concern

I think it will, from what i know you can switch the top of a servo to other things like a shaft and cut a thread in the rangefinder to tighten it.
I dont have much experience with servos except for when i build a 1/10 scale electric car.

I think it will, from what i know you can switch the top of a servo to other things like a shaft and cut a thread in the rangefinder to tighten it.
I dont have much experience with servos except for when i build a 1/10 scale electric car.
Ok gotcha.

#2 is down!! Haha looking for some diagrams for the attachment of the stalk and for the servo. Thanks!

Hello ...Here is how i attached my RF topper.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/ou-r2-beneath-dent-asok-budget-cc-48205/

and i just used a bolt to attach it to the Helmet until i do the Servo Upgrade. I used a split lock and flat washer on the inside
View attachment 74856View attachment 74857

Hope that will help some

Justin

Very helpful thank you! I think I'll do that as well until I get my servo rigged. Speaking of which...

Anybody have any helpful advice for a servo? Hopefully cost effective but I'll accept whatever!

Thanks!

Very helpful thank you! I think I'll do that as well until I get my servo rigged. Speaking of which...

Anybody have any helpful advice for a servo? Hopefully cost effective but I'll accept whatever!

Thanks!
i used a steering arm for an RC boat. with some servo linkage

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back