General Mid-Budget ESB built

Do you know of any places in Canada or US?? Any online stores or site?? Unfortunately I don't live in Germany. (Only Visited and Worked in Germany :) )

mcfarlj3 wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 12:36 AM
Check around at local sign shops. I called a few places asking if they had any scrap pieces they would give me for free. I got plenty of Sintra for all of my armor, including enough to make mistakes. Just depends on the shop.

Hope this hepls?! :)

After some really great suggestions and tips by Fekali (thanks again mate), I started to re-work some parts, to get much closer to the original ESB Boba Fett...

Today I repainted the knife using some gold spraypaint.

Before:
P3220513.JPGP3220516.JPGP3220516.JPG

Now:
P4030514.JPGP4030517.JPGP4030518.JPG

P4030524.JPG

P4030525.JPG

P4030527.JPG

P3220517.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed a very strong 5x5x1mm rare earth magnet using gaffertape to two safety pins. The other magnet will be fixed to the inside of the vest.
P4060530.JPGP4060531.jpgP4060534.JPGP4060535.JPGP4060537.JPGP4060538.JPGP4060539.JPGP4060541.JPG

Up for sale in the Cargo Hold:

Sidearm and Holster - Sidearm sold. Holster I´ll keep.

AND

Flightsuit + Side Pockets + Ankle Ties - I´ll keep them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you selling your current build? :eek: hope not - I've been watching Your thread silently for almost a year and you've been a great inspiration. I even made knees for my custom Mando following your build :D

Thank you sooooo much for your kind words!!! :$ :cheers

No, I don´t sell my current ESB Boba... just some parts. :( There are some bills to pay... and I always wanted to change the softparts, also the sidearm and holster, to get more accurate.

Ladies and gentlemen,

no need to worry... I´m still here and working on my suit.

Still missing parts:
- the helmet
- the jetpack
- a new sidearm
- a new EE-3 blaster

I´m still thinking about building the jetpack myself of 3mm hardfoam, but the templates I printed out were way too small or too huge. Could´t find a correct size. Anyone has a hint for me??? ...and then there are moments I think, it would be easier, cheaper and would save more time by buying a jetpack kit.

I never showed, how I attached the cod plate to the back belt armor:

P5070574.JPGP5070575.JPGP5070576.JPG

I use elastic band which is taped to the inside of the armor with strong gaffer-tape. I´m thinking about using velcro, to connect it to the flightsuit. Even without velcro it stays in place.

How much has this build cost you to this point? Fantastic job!

Thank you, mattman1138!

I never really calculated all the costs... and I think I shouldn´t start. :D But till now (without the parts I sold, because they weren´t that good enough and the trials and error, wasted material, etc.) I think I spend round about 1000,-USD.

Thank you, mattman1138!

I never really calculated all the costs... and I think I shouldn´t start. :D But till now (without the parts I sold, because they weren´t that good enough and the trials and error, wasted material, etc.) I think I spend round about 1000,-USD.

Now, I did a good calculation, because (and this makes me really sad) I´ll have to sell everything... :( I spent 2540,-EUR... this would be in $ 2822,-USD.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back