Alloy cast gaunlet darts

yavin

New Hunter
My original darts were made with a nail, a ball point pen tip, and a bit of vinyl tubing. 1.jpg but because the glue surface was so small the tips kept getting knocked off. So I cast them in resin and again because they are so small they just snap in half if someone looked at them funny. So I decided to try and use the mold from the resin ones and cast them in a metal alloy.3.jpg5.jpg I still have to clean them up a little and hit them with dull coat, but I think these will work out better.

yeah I discovered the preheating thing, cause the metal set before it could get all the way down the mold.

you could try using investment, it is a one used mold but a lot better for detail. ( I have been doing jewelry making for over 20 yrs). You can use your rubber molds to make wax models and then invest them. If you would like more tips let me know (it would be the lost wax casting technique but you can use low temp metal and dont need spin cast them)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back