RafalFett Strikes Back... with the 4th Shin Tool!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate the "made up" props in the DK book. To me that's like inventing things for a King Tut exhibit or adding horns to a Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton "because it looks cool". Movie props are pieces of history. In the touring Star Wars exhibit, some of the light sabres are licensed replicas. LAME.

More shame goes for those who have access to the real suit and still their replicas are far from being accurate. You have all the measurements you want, lots of photos taken by you or from the archives, even they let you cast one of the original helmets, and you still can't do a decent job. The shin tools are just the tip of the iceberg...

the thing with the DK books is that they are not prop collector guides... they are in-universe books aimed at kids. a 7 years old wants a laser slicer, not a patterson squeegee ;)

Cant let this Die, on the RPF theres a thread about the Graphlex, there are a few variations of the switch used....Graflex Variations: Facts and vs. Replica check out the real ones in the pics....and this here Boba Fett First Prototype Costume - The Dented Helmet Gallery

based on the size of the knee darts it would have to be slightly larger then them, but smaller in diameter then the paint stirrer... any ideas here raf?

Thanks for reviving this thread!

Well, in our case that RPF thread doesn't help too much, except this older variation of the Graflex flash tube (Graflex Variations: Facts and vs. Replica - Post #3), which seems to be the correct tube for the Supertrooper blaster:

Correct ST Blaster Graflex.jpg

The great thing about this Graflex tube is that it has a different button, the so called 'telegraph' style button, which also has the correct diameter (around 12mm, the other posted in the first post had around 13mm) and it looks pretty close to the red thing in the Pre-Pro #1 4th shin tool:

PP1 Shin Tool Button.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back