Fianlly got my helmet and gauntlets back. yet not so good

InfraFett

Active Hunter
Hello TDH, it's been a while. I'm back in TN now, and I finally got my gauntlets and helmet back from a friend (now ex friend) you can read about it here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f33/stolen-property-35842/

I find my helmet to be in this condition. only one cheek piece completely ripped off, no visor, the ranger finder also pulled off.

001.jpg

my gauntlets are in a little better condition, yet I have to wonder if They're worth keeping. photos in a moment...

Here's the gauntlets. so tell me, do you think They're worth keeping? give me your advice.

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing a helmet like (even a rubies) that makes me hurt on the insides. Only a SFP looks good like that. As for the gauntlets they look relay short from front to back, like kids gaunts. They look like would work well for a custom girls mando.

Are you sure? here's a photo comparison of the gauntlet and my arm
001-1.jpg

Seeing a helmet like (even a rubies) that makes me hurt on the insides. Only a SFP looks good like that. As for the gauntlets they look relay short from front to back, like kids gaunts. They look like would work well for a custom girls mando.

Yeah it kind of does, lol. I think it's too far gone to even bother with though

the helmet strangly looks more like a snowtrooper helmet now.

How exactly does that happen.......

the gauntlets look fine. The helmet doesn't look like there's much hope for it...

Getting a cheap rubies helmet and modifying it or a budget helmet might have to be added to you wish list.

Good luck on getting things back together!

His wife came to me and said I could have them back since I'm back in TN, etc. she personally gave my helmet and gauntlets back.

Your getting there bud but you still have a long way here's the list

1. Buy a few pieces off a friend/ have a friend make one for you.

2. Receive first product realizing you have been taken advantage of.

3. Ditch initial product

4. Sulk for a short while, start back with a vengeance

5. Restart the collecting buying from top quality casters.

6. Make it halfway through your checklist and wonder how much you spent so far.

7. Calculate overall expenses so farr have a nervous break down

8. Months later, Receive all parts begin attaching armor to vest.

9. After dozens of trial and error finish attaching the chest armor.

10. Finish attaching all armor suddenly realizing you didn't sleep and have work in an hour.

11. Come home and sleep

12. Wake up and admire your suit

13. Earn the right to wear the suit with a job well done.

14. Finally grow bored and sell your suit

So your doing well thus far... :p keep your chin up

I'm a little late to this thread, but I hope you haven't thrown that helmet away. It doesn't look salvageable for Fett, but it looks useful to me. I've been helping friends build costumes for Star Wars Day, and I can't tell you how many times we've had to search for something dome shaped for shoulder bells or helmet parts.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back