Voice amp questions

I did a search on Cargo Hold. nothing.

Also, I did a search on ebay. a lot of stuff showed up. What do I need to be looking for? Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

carbonitekid wrote:

This is probably a subject for another thread but:

With all the people with electronic skills in here would it not be possible for someone to take apart one of the RS voice amps , study its workings and post schematics and a parts list so we could make our own? Living in the UK the only way to obtain a RS amp is to buy off Ebay (expensive and getting more so) or from here when they come up . Call me tight but I always prefer to build rather than buy if at all possible.It adds to the satisfaction of knowing you have done it all yourself and leaves money to be spent on other items you can't build yourself. I have tried searching the web for schematics for a voice amp but have drawn a blank. It would also enable us to resize/ position elements of the rig to better suit our needs re hiding the speaker etc etc.

Just a thought....

Do I take it this idea does not meet with peoples aproval?

No luck again at the local Radio Shack.

I'm trying to contact Radio Shack ca but they don't accept my postal info since I live in the USA and not Canada.

Help!

Unfortunately, there's no other options for those of us
living outside of Canada. eBay is pretty much it, even
though they tend to be going up in price lately. I did a
search for "fett voice amp" just now and one turned up.

I just received my Stormtrooper/Fett voice amp in the mail yesterday.

I was wondering how I can install it in my new JF helmet. Could someone help me? Thanks. :)

I also notices that the speaker and battery compartment is really big. I need help here too. Thanks again. :)

i have a voice amp that has no name on it it is pretty small and runs on 3 AAA and has a normal voice, alien and monster setting and no volume control ... the mic on this thing sucks major arse and you literally have to put it almost in your mouth for it to pick up your voice, does radio shack or other places sell a decent small mic i could splice and cut onto this thing or will i end up seeing how many times it will skip across the pond lol

patiam69 wrote:

i have a voice amp that has no name on it it is pretty small and runs on 3 AAA and has a normal voice, alien and monster setting and no volume control ... the mic on this thing sucks major arse and you literally have to put it almost in your mouth for it to pick up your voice, does radio shack or other places sell a decent small mic i could splice and cut onto this thing or will i end up seeing how many times it will skip across the pond lol

I got the EXACT SAME ONE. I havnt tried to change the mic on it yet, but it sounds like a good idea. I dontknow what those people were thinking when they made that stiffwire thingey on the wire. I'm sure you could splice the wire and use a diff mic.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back