My DC-15S Carbine WIP

Scope

New Hunter
I bought one of the cheapy foam dart Clone Wars DC rifle from Target. I found the colours and "targeting light" an slap in the face of that awesome gun. If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about, here's a picture. DC-15.jpg

I decided to paint and trim this. I might post WIP pictures. I've already painted the gun gloss black and cut off that little attachment at the top, the targeting light. It annoyed me to no end. I'm letting it hang to dry overnight. Here's my first WIP.

Photo_00032.jpg Updates coming shortly.

It is a nice looking blaster once painted black... question: are you planning on doing a clone costume? If so the Hasbro blaster is very undersized. It would be best for a child size clone. My full size clone blaster is at least 3 times the size of the Hasbro.

Mhm. I'm mainly using this as a very nice reference for my scratchbuild DC-15. This was just a little on-the-side thing. The only one I scratchbuilt so far was annoyingly out of proportion. I want to get it as accurate as possible. I am planning on making a bigger one. As you probably know, most of the reference pictures on the internet so far are pretty so-so. I plan on also making a pepakura DC-17M with sniper attachment.

I have made a clone sniper helmet, as seen in ROTS, but have yet to fiberglass it. By the way, I am concerned I didn't build it as well as I could have. Any recommended glue? I live in Australia so we have a... smaller range of variety. I used a BluStik, as I am fairly new to pep. Help with these would be much appreciated.

I now feel that the Hasbro gun has been brought to justice! I added a second coat of gloss black, and I am proud of it. Although... It is, as mentioned before, miniature. Photo_00034.jpg

EDIT: I am planning on using it as a replica to display.

That's cool!

Sorry I can't help with the pep work. I've never done that before. There are a bunch of guys here that have. They might have some soggestions.

Sorry for the low-res pictures. They were taken with my laptop :p

If anyone has any idea about pep, please inform me. By the way, I've been using this quite thick stuff, and I heard that 110 lbs. is recommended for pep. We don't have that in Australia... we have GSM. Is there a conversion rate?

Also, the armour that I'm building, I have the helmet, still not strengthened. I did a pretty bad job on the gluing, and the folding, for that matter. But it still has the... basic shape.Photo_00035.jpg

Also, the armour that I'm building, I have the helmet, still not strengthened. I did a pretty bad job on the gluing, and the folding, for that matter. But it still has the... basic shape.View attachment 54871

That's still quite impressive! Maybe you could use that as a base and with some Bondo and sanding work you could have all the curves done right. I don't know if it would be wearable that way but it could make for a good master to make a mold out of.

By not wearable, what exactly do you mean? Anyway, I was hoping to fiberglass and bondo it. Then I could display it alongside my blaster. I'm not making costumes just yet, I need more experience. If I have enough experience, eventually I might wear a full suit to a cosplay event or something.

By not wearable I meant heavy from fiberglass, resin, bondo etc.

By not wearable, what exactly do you mean? Anyway, I was hoping to fiberglass and bondo it. Then I could display it alongside my blaster. I'm not making costumes just yet, I need more experience. If I have enough experience, eventually I might wear a full suit to a cosplay event or something.

Bad news. In the resining of my helmet, I didn't put enough catalyst in, and it soaked into the helmet and made it soggy. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently took a liking to Phase 2 clone armour and I am going to buy one of those cheap $100 kits (cheap for something so exquisitely moulded!) because I figured that all I need to do is add the visor and detail, and paint it. What could go wrong? :p

Oh, and a little side note, I can now write fluent Aurebesh. If you don't know what it is, look it up.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back