My first build so far

Hiya,

This all depends on whether you are thinking of applying to the Mandalorian Mercs.

What I would suggest if you are applying is gloves, spats (to cover your boots), a girthbelt and perhaps some more ammo boxes.

As for you leg fixtures, the CRL for the Mercs is:

Armor strapping:
Visible external strapping MUST be hidden as well as possible. The best way to do so would be to use an in-universe material such as leather or tactical strapping. However, elastic MAY be used as long as it is dyed to match the flightsuit as best as possible.

Looking good though :)

i am applying to mando mercs but forgot my gloves and girth belt for this. i was just test fitting the armor for placement. do you have any idea how to dye elastic? i have heard heard polyester is impossible to dye. what is tactical strapping? spats are in the works. those are my fire dept. boots I was just using them for the pictures. as for ammo boxes I was going for a complete Fi look. I know he took Sulls kama but i don't remember any mention of an ammo belt unless I am mistaken.

For polyester:
Dyeing Polyester with Disperse Dye

With the Official status you can take what you will from it, I personally would think that if there was no specific reference telling me that Fi did not have the pouches, I would go with them by default, but your interpretation is entirely up to you:

Ammo belt and pouches:
You must have either an ammo/girth/holster belt or waist sash, or any combination of these four items.

You just need to make sure the midriff is covered between the belly plate and the crotch plate is all :)

I agree w/ Saz, the mercs are a bit more strict about their requirements these days, I think it looks good, you may want to adjust your placement on the knees and shins, and add some kind of belt w/ pouches or something around the waist to fill it in. Fi was former specops so it makes sense that he'd wear similar kit to when he was in the service, the RCs wore a web belt with pouches... it makes sense that Fi would continue this habit even after his injury. You may think about putting some red trim around the gray plates to help them stand out a bit more against the flight suit. Also, I was just wondering, in the RC books KT refers to a special sigil that Fi wears on his helmet to indicate that he is a wounded veteran. I didn't see that on your buy'ce, do you have one on there? If so how did you portray that because I'm curious to see what that would possibly look like. I'm considering making a set of Fi armor myself.

Been awhile since i posted. Going back to work somehow takes a lot of time away from working on the armor. I've been redoing my back plate to make it fit better. And I am also making a new vest. Hopefully soon I will be ready to submit for approval.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back