My truck got broke into but dig this

Scoutleader

Active Hunter
So my truck was broken into last night and when I discovered it this morning I noticed a police officer at the neighbors house so I ran over there to let him know.I went back to wait on the officer.When I heard him pull up I went outside to hear this statement..."how dare those thieves break into a Imperial truck especially with a mandalorian sticker on it"

You see on my back glass slider I have a Imperial clog(thanks Jamey) and under that I have Mythosaur skull below it.Well after I did a "what did he say" we straight into talking about his second Mandalorian armor he is building.We both compared what fourms we are members of and how are families enjoy the fact that we are SW geeks.We compared phone screen savers.His was the Imperial clog mine being the mythosaur.

At first I thought he was building a "cheesy" suit but he mentioned he just got his helmet in from Bobamaker and currently saving up for the rest.

He and friends are heavy into paintball.He told me about a recent paintball game he was in where they role played a Star Wars theme.
He is familar with the 501st,he was at a Paintball game in Georgia where 501st troopers played in armor.
He mentioned he is looking to build a suit to join the 501st.But he isnt sure what direction to go.
After about 15 mins of discussing SW we went back to writting up the report.Before you think it..yeah it was odd but cool.

yeah, gotta love when out of nowhere you can start conversations like that and it almost seems like you are family and have known each other for years.

These boards (and other 501st ones) rock for that reason alone, aside from all the great info as well ;)

Cool story, sucks you had to get your truck broken into for it to happen.

By the way it's a COG not a CLOG. One is like a gear, the other is a shoe.

That's pretty awesome! an amazing quote "how dare they!" hahaha
I've had some similar situations when police officers that scuba dive find out about my profession, it usually tends to help out alittle bit!

I never met a cop that cool. Not much they can do other then take a report though.

I know a cop (501st member) in Joliet, Illinois that has an Imperial cog sticker on the back of his patrol car. Seriously.....and they let him do it.

Sorry to hear about your truck, but that's cool about the cop. :)
My car got broken into when I lived in Tucson. I called the cops and they showed up pretty quick, but as someone mentioned above, he said there wasn't really much they could do except file a report. I never heard anything back, and the only thing they took was my in-dash stereo. Luckily (strange way to look at it) they were able to pry the passenger side window down without breaking it to unlock the door, so there wasn't any real damage to the car.

Sorry to hear about your truck, but that's cool about the cop. :)
My car got broken into when I lived in Tucson. I called the cops and they showed up pretty quick, but as someone mentioned above, he said there wasn't really much they could do except file a report. I never heard anything back, and the only thing they took was my in-dash stereo. Luckily (strange way to look at it) they were able to pry the passenger side window down without breaking it to unlock the door, so there wasn't any real damage to the car.

Lucky you. A bunch of amateurs broke into my Golf 3 back in the days, destroying three locks and stealing the stereo. Unplugging the europlugs wasnt easy enough though, so they cut every single wire ;) Good times lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back