mild dilemma, looking for advice

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
so i'm kind of torn between two ideas with my old helmet. since i'm pretty much finished with my ms3 and that's going to be my new trooping helmet, that leaves me with a sgt fang helmet painted up rotj style. it was my first attempt at painting a helmet, and I think it turned out pretty good; it got me 501st approved. now my dilemma is this: do I sell it to someone else who would like to be rotj fett or do I keep it to repaint it to another version of fett that i've been wanting to do for a while, i.e. holiday special fett?

ok tdh, what are your thoughts? help me out here.

Got pics of it bro? A Holiday Special Fett would be pretty awesome but id be scared of painting over your 1st bucket ya know? That is a tough question heh... I say make that bad boy a display helmet and save a little for a new helmet to do your holiday special. :D

El1te

I agree IF you have an emotional attachment don't paint over it, but if you don't have an attachment to the paint then I woul paint over it and start the new project. Really it comes down to, what would make you happiest?

i'd sell it. you'd get enough $$ from a finished helmet sale to buy a new kit, all the paint you need, and some cash left over.

if you repaint it, you'll have to strip / sand it down, which is a pain.

since I did the new helmet I don't really have that much of an attachment to it. kinda like when I get around to painting my new gauntlets, I plan on selling the old ones. and there's a kit I am eyeballing, waiting to hear back on it. anyone interested in a rotj helmet?

The Saint of all Nasties ! ! !

Perhaps you should put that on display at the fine establishment you DJ at. Instead of dancers using the pole. They can utilize the Fett instead. Please do not sell it or put it to waste. There are many vixens who can help solve this problem.

Keep on sniffing my brother.

I'm not sure how much these girls would appreciate boba fett in the club. I forsee him being abused and unloved in this environment. i'd much rather it go to a home where it is appreciated.

I think it would be a nice idea to keep it and use it as the start of your Holiday Fett. Since it was your first helmet, the key part of your first Fett suit, it would be fitting in a way, that it could serve as the start of your second Fett.

Kinda gives it a history. Maybe someday down the line you might end up repainting it yet again to become even another version of Fett. Each time it is reused, it adds to the history. You dont have to be sentimental about the paint job itself, but the representation of the bucket itself as the key part of your different suits would give it a neat story.

Thats just my 2cents. Of course I am a bit biased, as anytime I redo a costume or part, I tend to try to recycle some part of the old one. Kinda carries on the history of what came before. Other people would never know, but its fun for me to know all that history.

I'm not sure how much these girls would appreciate boba fett in the club. I forsee him being abused and unloved in this environment. i'd much rather it go to a home where it is appreciated.

Very true my brother and dear friend. However the idea is appealing.

Sniff on my friend.

Sniff on!:cheers

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back