FETTDAD THANKS TDH!!

Glad to hear you're staying around TDH. :)
There's always time to get more gear in the future, but family comes before Fett.
It's true. . . it's even alphabetical!

Sorry to see you get out of "being fett" but completely understand. I have really enjoyed your threads and comments. Thanks!
Like someoneelse said "keep the helmet" you got a lot of time in it and you know you want to finish it!

You did get out of the costume for legit purposes, so we forgive you. ;) Glad you're sticking around the board to talk shop with everyone though. :cheers

Luckily I never had to make that Fett decision personally. I built my Boba during the time of my life when I was single and dateless. Then once I had my Boba, I actually met my wife BECAUSE of my Boba!

Dude, can't believe you have to ditch the project. We started out together, completely clueless, has been an absolute pleasure comparing notes.
As everyone else says, not to worry, you can always get those parts back some day.

I will miss all the nice and helpfull tips you gave me Darrell. And I ´ll miss a truly outstanding guy here on the board.

It has always been a pleasure to do business with you.

Hope we keep in touch, you became a good friend for me!

It is good to hear that you will visit us in the future. You are one of the guys here that always has got the best intentions and makes sure that everyone is happy. And you made a exellent harness system.
Take care Darrell:cheers

thanks so much, guys! your responses are just proof enough to show what kind of awesome, tightly knit group TDH is...i will frequently be on, lurking around, giving flakey vendors a hard time, and selling harnesses, so you wont miss me too much...;)

I normally don't get involved with the mushy **** on the boards...its make me feel icky inside, but I had to say something. I've been doing this costuming thing for awhile and it sucks for me to watch you sell your stuff. You are already through the most difficult and time consuming part of your build and you did it really quick.

Thats the problem you need to pace yourself and do a little bit at a time. Work a little bit here and a little bit here. Maybe 1-2 weekend days a month and an hour or two before or after work. I started my Fett assuming that it would be a 2 year project at least. My wife doesn't care for my hobby much either, but she knows that she and my kids come 1st. I get to the soccer games and swimming lessons and all the ****...I mean most of the **** my wife plans for me.

I'm guessing that you are not 501st yet. When your costume is done and you visit the 1st childrens hospital or Make a Wish event and you are crying under your bucket. That is what it is all about. The kids are sreaming for Vader and Boba Fett, most of them don't give a **** about the rest of them. This is what your wife and family will see and understand.

Also get your kids involved. The kids love my son's mini TK. My wife even enjoys being a bouncer in the parade...AKA Spotter.

Don't sell you will regret it and you'll probably start it again anyway.

Colby1_edited-1.jpg

I agree with you too Slab but D seems to have made up his mind. Let's not make him feel more bummed than I'm sure he does already. I told my wife about this all last night and how I was bummed to see all his hard work go. At the same time though, I fully understand. I'm pretty passionate about this hobby and am on two different command staffs for costuming.

I actually resigned from one today and am not happy how things are going with my 501st CS position. My wife has begged me to not be on a CS next term because of all the crazies we have to deal with. She has though been pretty cool for the most part while I did my Fett...

It's all good in moderation and I know that I've come really close to getting her to that point where she's fed up. I've also taken a step outside and have noticed the my own obsession with me and how this hobby effects everything.

It's a bummer for sure but if this is what is right for D, then I support it...

I PM'd D today though to point out the obvious...Look at the impression he's made on us. He was doing something right for sure. A model addition to the TDH community for sure! :cheers(y)

I'm sorry to see you sell your Fett! I know that it would have been simply excellent! That being said, I completely understand your reasoning.

Please stay around...your experience will be very valuable to those members who are just starting out.

Thanks for some great pictures, posts, and laughs!

wow, guys, getting teary eyed just reading your posts...i means so much to me, beyond words...i will be back, in full force, with another Fett brother, my son, when he gets to the age to be able to focus on doing his own costume...who knows when that will be, and if any of these wonderful vendors will be around to take more of my hard earned money...*cough, cough* BM, MOW, FP, lsfu, etc...*cough* :) i will for sure be around the boards, lending a hand, keeping in touch with my bretheren, and tempting myself as usual...i believe the lid will remain in my posession, so that will a constant reminder of you guys, the incredible network of TDH...:cheers not only have i impacted you all, but you have certainly impacted me...i wish we all just lived in the same city, able to throw back some brews, talk SW and Fett, and just continue the kinship, in person...*sigh* this selling process has been difficult, i boxed up my armor today, and that was the first time it really hit me since yesterday the impact of what i have been doing for the last year...but yes, this is right, for me, for my personality, and the decision to take this step will strengthen my family, and open my eyes to what i need to do in future committments to costuming...thanks TDH, i cant say it enough... :cheers

Now i see why Darrell ,i completely understand why now :( its shame when this happens to someone to live for there dream and let it go ,anyways bruv good luck .
Your a good friend who will help anyone on TDH with vendors ,however dont let your dreams slip away next time ;)
You rock Big D :cheers

Hey Man, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times eh?
Ive found that this hobby/addicton does take a lot of time and energy that could be spent elsewhere......BUT now that my eldest son is six and my twins (boy and girl) are 4.......I just take them along for the ride:
IMG_0869.gif

doneish3.jpg

Remember brother....in time all things are possible. This thing will eventually turn into just one MORE thing you can do with the kids. Take care and good luck.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back