Worrying Observation on TDH

RamSkirata

Active Hunter
Hello fello Fett enthusiasts,

Since quite some time ive made the observation, that forum activity seems to be on a low point - just today I saw ALL the posts in the recent activity section being "For Sale" or "Want to buy". I think it would be sad if TDH were to become a mere marketplace...

Just some thoughts...
Sincerely,
Ram

I figured it was because Facebook and Instagram has changed the way people interact with prop making and costume building?

For instance, for Din Djarin Mandalorian builds there are a few Facebook groups with tons of different vendors/makers, discussions, advice, etc.

Same as Boba Fresh.

Having been a member here for 13 years and on countless other forums this isn't just happening here.

Like joe said social media has changed out groups interact. Facebook Groups are a faster way to reach a larger audience to buy/sell and share information. It's a shame because I personally think the way groups are organized on social media is poor and is filled with people looking to create something fast and cheap instead of accurate and correct.

Having been a member here for 13 years and on countless other forums this isn't just happening here.

Like joe said social media has changed out groups interact. Facebook Groups are a faster way to reach a larger audience to buy/sell and share information. It's a shame because I personally think the way groups are organized on social media is poor and is filled with people looking to create something fast and cheap instead of accurate and correct.

Definitely agree with this. It is helpful for some parts like Skechers Blaine Orsen for Din or Nortiv 8 Boots for Boba Fresh. Stuff like this, but there is a lot of stuff that isn't really that accurate and no one seems to care. I don't think those people are going for 501st approval though, but the more accurate the prop and the more vendors/prop makers receive feedback the better products we will get.

TDH has a gold mine of members who have meticulously posted their findings on Boba Fett and even the photo gallery here is amazing for Boba Fett and Jango Fett reference pics for me personally.

It has taken years of research and cultivation for the wealth of knowledge here and various other sites such as The RPF. We're extremely lucky to have as much information about vintage Boba Fett here. Those who appreciate an accurate costume come here. It takes time and a lot of people lack the patience and rather have instant gratification. That's one of the reason why Facebook groups are popular, when you ask a question it gets answered immediately even if the information is wrong or inaccurate. Post your black series helmet and it's celebrated as the pinnacle of helmets. Say something different and you're shaming. Instant gratification in my opinion has hurt the hobby.

I think the quality of information posted and catalogued on forums is far superior and will last the test of time versus social media pages. I’d prefer higher value content posted more infrequently over time than high pace, low quality content.

Also, the world has essentially just opened back up after being shut down for a year for a lot of folks. People are spending time with family, returning to work/school, sports, traveling, etc. People probably have less time for hobbies this month and for the next several as they readjust. And most of us here aren’t willing to rush our builds just to check them off, so we pause, wait and reengage.

Ive got almost nothing Fett done for a month because we had our third kid two and a half weeks ago haha… now I have to strap her to my chest, watch a 3 year old and check on the 7 year old to get anything done. Folks here are top notch and playing the long game.

I think the quality of information posted and catalogued on forums is far superior and will last the test of time versus social media pages. I’d prefer higher value content posted more infrequently over time than high pace, low quality content.

Also, the world has essentially just opened back up after being shut down for a year for a lot of folks. People are spending time with family, returning to work/school, sports, traveling, etc. People probably have less time for hobbies this month and for the next several as they readjust. And most of us here aren’t willing to rush our builds just to check them off, so we pause, wait and reengage.

Ive got almost nothing Fett done for a month because we had our third kid two and a half weeks ago haha… now I have to strap her to my chest, watch a 3 year old and check on the 7 year old to get anything done. Folks here are top notch and playing the long game.
Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

From me, too!! I have seen your helmeted pictures doing the carry on IG... its a beautiful sight!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back